Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

18 button obc problems

Hey guys just done the age old 18 button obc conversion. Ive checked over and over this reseached it done all I can to see what's wrong

Short story: wired it just as diy's said (I used a few and compared them) basic no backlight and screen displays info but it flickers and quickly change back to input time.

If anybody can fix for me I can pay in beers or cash

021 027 31873

Te atatu

CHEERS

Edited by ibboostn

More than likely a connection somewhere, could be power connection if its resetting itself and no back-light. Did you verify the obc worked properly before putting in ??. I did a tutorial on here for it when I did it but it seems to have gone now.

Edited by M-Spec

Its not a loose cconnection ive got all the voltages at all the points I should I double check ground im getting a low voltage from check control not sure if im ment to get a 12v from that. Please come fix for mee I also have a m3 car to test off of. I have yet to compare with m3 ill try again this avo and ive already tested unit on the m3 and it works.

sussed it turns out i was using the wrong info the pelican diy said ground pin 13 of x1071 but i looked at the m3 and 14 was the ground. no that i can see the screen consum or speed doesnt work so i have yet to finsh.

cheers

When I did mine the plugs had different coloured wires to what the guide said so make sure you do it by pin no. But since you have something to compare to should be pretty straight forward.

Well I didnt have the correct correct plugs at all so I had to work pin by pin but I checked again and my wiring again and im not getting info from cluster to read consumption or speed I have m3 gauges so I guess its back to the exemplar m3 for better details.

This job has taken me so long to finsh haha

Hmmm, I also had to repin mine too as they didn't line up. Have you got the right connections at the cluster?

I have the standard non m3 plugs they work the same but I think the data pins arent in the same place any more maybe with the standard cluster it will feed back to obc in that case ill have to look at the m3 wiring

I checked the pins on cluster was 12, 21 cant remember the rest but I think the data out put is different on m3 gauges as it doesn't have the l/100km vacuum etc

Edited by ibboostn

I give up. All wires correspond with m3 wiring my obc works in m3. The m3 obc doesnt work in my car I still cant have consumption or avg speed.