Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

WTB - dead BMW V8 motor........ :-)

As described - I'm wanting a dead 3.0 or 4.0 BMW V8 motor. If its totally naffed beyond doing anything with, that's fine, so long as its complete & hasn't got any holes in the block......

Stands to reason that 'cheap is goooooooooooooooood'................ ;):rolleyes::)

Now theres an idea................lols. ;):) Yea mate............be primo out in the shed. South Canterbury Toyota have got a Lexus V8 as their showroom coffee-table - looks grouse!!!

Just built a log splitter before Xmas - thinking nother project is needed now..........

I like the idea of a motorised bar stool too for some reason - that'd be fun too me thinks.......

real BMWs have straight 6's so you need mine

Lols - I don't fink so...................I'd heard they're more in demand as boat anchors than anything else once they make a mess everywhere............. ;):D

(Its ok - don't flame me at dawn tomorrow - I'm only taking the pi$$............) :D

real BMWs have straight 6's so you need mine

6s are for console tables.

8s are for coffee.

• Like 1

6s are for console tables.

8s are for coffee.

Faaark - that's brilliant.............post of the day mate............ :D I just cracked up bigtime!! Gamers ae............... :rolleyes::)

Soooooooooo, whatdwedowithdieselsatendoflifeyareckon?? Picture the scratching head smilie............

diesel blocks look pretty much the same as petrol one do they not?And there are diesel v8 and so on,though a lot of fours if you beleive what you read on the internet

Weld a coupla fours together - after a few Woodies, no-one would know the difference...

• Like 2

Weld a coupla fours together - after a few Woodies, no-one would know the difference...

I like this ( I hope ya note the green box was even ticked............. ;):rolleyes::) ). Theres merit here - we could rip the guts outa the turbo housing, & use it on its side (x 2) as stubbie holders I'm thinking............ ;)

I like this ( I hope ya note the green box was even ticked............. ;):rolleyes::) ). Theres merit here - we could rip the guts outa the turbo housing, & use it on its side (x 2) as stubbie holders I'm thinking............ ;)

Naaah... Well, not yet. I'm chatting with someone about multi-map ecu programs (standard, economy and performance), decat downpipes, hybrid turbos and EGR delete kits. It's actually starting to sound practical. I'll keep drinking.

Still, 220bhp, 420Nm, and 5.6l per 100km?

Probably fry the gearbox.

Well, I like that you're a optimist & used the world 'probably' in relation to gearbiox - most of your ex fellow countrypersons would go 'when do you think I'll fry the gearbox'??

This, is cup half full vs half mt stuff...........much like a "B cup' is half empty when compared to a 'D cup"............... :rolleyes:

5.6 mutter mutter curse - ba$tard!!!! My f#cking ride-on mower wouldn't even do THAT, hungry little sucker that it is...........!!! Even my quad won't!!!! :(

i didnt know diesels had an "end of their life" they just keep chugging away at oil

Isn't that how BMW made the m70,two m50's?,the ign and fuelling systems are duplicated?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Two M20's=V12, 2 of just about everything actually.

Lols - sometimes 2 of everything is just twice the brain-damage & head-aches too............ :)

Spotted a trashed 7 series today, so went & seen if its rubber band was suitable - 3.5 6 cylinder....... :(

Two M20's=V12, 2 of just about everything actually.

Ahh yes I thought it may have been 2x m20

Lols - sometimes 2 of everything is just twice the brain-damage & head-aches too............ :)

Spotted a trashed 7 series today, so went & seen if its rubber band was suitable - 3.5 6 cylinder....... :(

You will want a x40i,although certain E39 530 and 535 will have rubber band of the config you desire

You will want a x40i,although certain E39 530 and 535 will have rubber band of the config you desire

Yea, couldn't really tell what it was / had been until I lifted the bonnet, as it's been parked up in a public place, put up onto blocks, & some bored retard has since smashed all the windows, lights, trashed the interior etc....... :( Shame really as it was quite a straight tidy car when first parked up.

E39 V8's were 535i and 540i, the 530i's were M54 6's (just to confuse everyone!), however the E38 7's were V8 in 730i, 735i, 740i forms. Late E34 530i's were V8's too, the early ones were M30 6's. The late E32 730i's were V8, but early ones were M30 6's too, but all E32 740i's were V8. :wacko:

Moral of the story? Count the spark plugs :D

• Like 1

^That should be basic knowledge if you a true BMW fan haha.

Anything that's got a 3L 6 cyl or even worse a 3L V8 in those cars above isn't worth getting.

Edited by Eagle

^That should be basic knowledge if you a true BMW fan haha.

Anything that's got a 3L 6 cyl or even worse a 3L V8 in those cars above isn't worth getting.

The 728i (with the M52TU) was a better car than the 730i V8 - I think a touch faster, and a lot cheaper to run! If you're going to maintain a V8, the 740i makes the most sense.

I disagree about the 3.0 V8. We had a 730i for over 200kms, was reasonable on fuel, good performance and on a Singapore import, only one $900 bill for the rack, rest was routine maintenance.

I'm sure it's lighter than the 6 and it def sounded better.

160kw over 138 and 290nm over 260 as well.