Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Absolutely not a BMW, but I'll have it

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C393287

I love the W126 SEC. Fabulous cars. I've had two - a 560 and a 500; the 560 was the definitive cruiser, while the 500 was more sporty.

If I had the money, I'd be popping this in the garage for sunny days.

Yeah ive always loved them as they got that 80's german muscle car look, one of few mercs id ever buy and i nearly did.

Ive always liked the R129 as well - big vert with hard and soft tops, V8 and V12 power plants and true quality cars for coin compared to every other vert, nearly bought one of those too..

I just missed out on buying a rather cheap 500SEC that was in hamilton a few months ago, such a good looking car.

That AMG widebody is awesome, and rare. So cool.

Last of the best Mercedes IMO, up until mid 2000s anyway.

Love the W126, nearly bought a 500sec a few years ago, but too much of a project for what I wanted.

There are a few SECs whic have had OMD engines put in them.... I find that rather fascinating.

whats that

Originally Modified Dray engines..............please try to keep up with Merc terminology Andy............ :rolleyes:;):)

Like SEC - Self Exploding Coupe......................

Edited by Blue-540i

a freinds father has a 550 SEC amg.
about 1992.

i drove it once, was a fast car but had a real boat feel to it, everthing further away so the cabin can share the experiance. i much prefer the bmw cockpit look where it all points to the driver.

SECs are much more cruisers (boulevard bruisers?) than true sports cars. Bear in mind they are based on the SE, the closest equivalent to which would be the 7-series Beemer. Not the first choice for sporty driving, perhaps.

Interestingly, the SEC is longer than an 8-series, fractionally narrower, and a lot lighter.

• Like 1

Like SEC - Self Exploding Coupe......................

Come on blue, when do you get off bashing on mercs. :rolleyes: they can be really nice cars, they look nice too. My neighbour has a old ragtop one and I did think of buying one last year. (I think he lets his stupid son drive it now with a cap on his head).Speed isn't everything, the ride and the feel of the car is more important imo and some grunt just makes it all more fun. I know this is a bmw community but just look at this sec 560. Wouldn't you like to own one? I would, over the e36 m3. :) The styling is so timeless on the older SECs. Although I cant justify price of either car at the time being.

Edited by MoJoJoe

Its ok, was only pi$$ taking a little bit - I can certainly appreciate examples like in the OP for what they are........ ;):)

Knowing Mercs are one of Dotty's fav vehicles is probably enough to put me off for life though........... :D

• Like 1