Sign in to follow this  
Jibs05

'88 E30 24v 3.1L ( New vlogs inside)

4 hours ago, Olaf said:

Constructive criticism:

Consider making a shot list and storyboard the things you want to talk about.  Then film them, without the monologue.  Record your voiceover using a vocal mic with pop filter, or a lavalier mic.  Edit your audio in Audacity or similar.  Then put it all together in iMovie or your preferred editing suite.  If you really get in to voiceover, you can build a vocal booth out of cardboard and foam.

Taking this approach tightens up your vlog, focusses on your messaging, avoids the wandering voice, and protects people from listening to your runny nose sniffs!  Be relaxed in a comfortable space when you do your voiceovers, you'll not be distracted by operating the camera and moving around. Your audience will tune in to your message as your interest and passion will come through in your vocal, telling the story.

I like the background music; consider using different tracks so it's not one repetitive loop through the whole clip.  I loved your cutaways to action shots to illustrate and reinforce what you're talking about.

keep it up, man!  I'll now edit in some links.

PS - I liked your intro graphics with the handprints.  How do you do that?

some solid advice there man, thank you! I didn't think about the voice over approach to vloging. I'll definitely give it a crack sometime. I'll try make a shot list etc for my next weeks video so I can plan ahead a little and then work forward from that.
I should have put a note or something about the annoying sniffing, I was super sick at the time, maybe should have waited but there's no time like the present :)

I know what you mean for the background music, tomorrows video will have a few different tracks. Its super hard to find something that i'm legally able to use that doesn't sound like a stick beating poos.

I made the intro in premiere pro. Took me a long time because i'm not computer savvy at all and i didn't know what premiere pro was before my flatmate showed me haha

Thanks for the great feed back and advice :)

1 hour ago, EURO V12 said:

Some good advice by Olaf, remember you can still speak while recording as notes for your voiceover, but if you make any vocal mistakes you won't need to worry, can fix in post, overlay the HiQuality audio, keep anything spontaneous and funny for B reel or bloopers, I've thought about somthing similar with a curse cut at the end, every swear word spoken cut and spliced and played alphabetically, it'd crack me up anyway, and kept separate from main vlogs means you won't get those videos flagged and rendered NSFW.

That's a god idea. especially with a memory like mine I need to make as many notes as I can. I like the whole B reel ending idea, I find the bloopers endings more enjoyable than the movies sometimes haha. Ill definitely use it when I get more content up.

Thanks for the advice!

6 hours ago, Olaf said:

move your photos to flickr.

I just seen this, flickr ay? its too bad i don't have the pictures on my PC anymore. Looks like mass download and upload time haha

Google 'Royalty Free Music' a lot of it exists, I'll dig out some links later, some of it by top artists like Moby.

• Like 1

Pulling the chassis rail of my drift/track e30... with my daily e30 :)

• Like 1

Great video, and a good improvement on the first one.

Keep it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zero said:

Great video, and a good improvement on the first one.

Keep it up.

Thanks mate!

This time I attended an event organised by "Mad Mike" called Drift Force at Hampton Downs! Check it out!

• Like 6