Sign in to follow this  
Stevie S

0-60 time

I ran 4.26sec 0-60 on previously was ran 4.6

Edited by Steve1616

Thats very quick, what about the 0-100kph time?

lets say 4.3

Sorry, unless you're claiming well in excess of 450hp, I call bollocks.

Or post a measured 12.1 sec 1/4 and prove me wrong. I'll be seriously impressed if you can.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't get me wrong Matt, I'm not having a go at you, I just don't have much faith in the measuring system!

Suresh's car chucked out some impressive power, be good to see yours doing the same.

One thing you both might want to consider is that the modded Falcons using the same box put in a stronger input shaft once they go over 300kw. Not sure on how much power you're planning on.

Yeah, don't get me wrong Matt, I'm not having a go at you, I just don't have much faith in the measuring system!

Suresh's car chucked out some impressive power, be good to see yours doing the same.

One thing you both might want to consider is that the modded Falcons using the same box put in a stronger input shaft once they go over 300kw. Not sure on how much power you're planning on.

The AT gearbox is my concern if i go down the upgraded turbo route -

It looks like the AT on these cars can handle 550WTQ (745NM) "safely" - anymore and the transmission is going to give out from dumping on it

No one has been able to upgrade these ZF gearboxes (from all i have read on the forums) - even tho they have pointed out similar other car manufactures etc use the same - something about the upgraded gearbox tcu/software not being able to be broken and mated to the BMW car's ECU

My only 2 options are either conversion to manual which price wise is not that bad, or do a DCT changeover which looks very pricey

I read 600nm. A billet input shaft is the only mod I've see, that and fluid changes, rather than "lifetime".

Definately not claiming any of the above figures and very well could be bollocks. Just did some runs using the Cobb accessport , no idea how accurate it is ( not by the sounds of things). Don't know how it measures and if a kph speedo throws it out.

Fully agree a 1/4mile run is a much better measure of a cars performance, but its a bit harder throwing out 1/4miles around Auckland.

If anything I can take away my mods have made an improvement over previous setup.

Def will notice an increase of power from downpipes/tune -

Good to see another person dial up some power on another 335i :D

Should come to a track day - and see what it can throw down without losing your license on the spot :D

I read 600nm. A billet input shaft is the only mod I've see, that and fluid changes, rather than "lifetime".

There's a couple of threads with guys who did a Single Turbo upgrade change on their N54 with AT trans

Car's AT seemed to be fine, but once they dialed up power and the WTQ went above 550 - that's when we saw their transmission start slipping / total failure

Guessing manufacture spec says 600NM?

My E50 map is doing around 664NM at the moment and no issues

Yep fluid change is important imo, just did my change of transmission fluid

All good ,I appreciate the feedback and tips. Cars getting a lsd put in in a few weeks, so will get a dyno run then and see where I am at

LSD mod was one of the best ones I did -

you should see how your condition of your LPFP is - see if it can handle a 40% mix of e85

I'm sure there's a OTS map from Cobb for a e40 tune?>

Edited by mod335

Yes, 600nm was manufacturers spec, part of the reason I'm putting off anything on the Falcon, it's at 586nm standard on overboost and I don't particularly want to pay for a new one.

I promised myself I wasn't going to touch this car with any mods. But I have a problem, some one should start a counselling group. Example below one of my previous cars

:D

Yes, 600nm was manufacturers spec, part of the reason I'm putting off anything on the Falcon, it's at 586nm standard on overboost and I don't particularly want to pay for a new one.

Would be interested to know about this billet input shaft - got any links?

Seems they do a tune also, will check.