Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

I love a red Msport E39...

... but this guy is dreaming! http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=691563045

Voted one of the best E39 5 series in NZ by BMW Newmarket
A much stronger, and quality build BMW than the new ones made today and also a very safe car
NZ new, not a weak Singaporean build
Yeah, that well-known Singaporean BMW factory is weak.
  • Like 1

There's a red Motorsport in palmy black and Sand interior f**k it's nice parks by my work every now and again

Heh, 15.5k for an M52 E39 that lacks OBC control.

Its a VERY nice looking car though and worth good coin. But for 3k less you could have Eagles 6 speed 540 motorsport.

'Made in Germany'

Yeah... no sh1t... All 5 series are made at the Dingolfing plant.

The only thing it's got going for it is the colour. I bet it's not mechanically perfect with that mileage. Lowered on what look to be Chinese wheels, and probably tires....

• Like 1

At that price i would expect 3 pedals as a start

Jesus Christ. Mine is a year younger, with 10,00 less kms, the updated tail lights and a stereo that doesn't look like a Japanese ricer called Wong has attacked it. It's just as tidy, with 200cc extra and I've got it insured for $10,000 and I thought I was being cheeky! f**k me.

post-51146-0-27511000-1391122682_thumb.j

• Like 1

mmmm, love me a red E39. So nice seeing something other than silver, green or black.

a stereo that doesn't look like a Japanese ricer called Wong has attacked it.

Wong isn't a Japanese name. But thanks for pointing that one out.

• Like 4

Jesus Christ. Mine is a year younger, with 10,00 less kms, the updated tail lights and a stereo that doesn't look like a Japanese ricer called Wong has attacked it. It's just as tidy, with 200cc extra and I've got it insured for $10,000 and I thought I was being cheeky! f**k me.

Oh thats my old car!

We bought it when it was just on under 5 years old and still worth a few $$$, great car and the best colour by far.It was my wifes daily work car and man was she pissed off when i sold it!!! Another friend of ours has one in the same colour only a 528i (i reakon Shelly BMW sold all the Imola Red BMWs in NZ) with repainted darker factory wheels and she gets pissed off every time she sees it! I think we sold it in 2010 for $18500 at around 135000km , it got transported down on a truck, never me the guy who bought it till a couple of years later when i was racing at manfeild and he loved it!

It was a great car, used a bit of oil but i think those motors do, and best way to keep the red paint looking good is to use the red colour wax.....best by far for keeping the red deep and shiny. I had to wax it every few weeks because our cars live out side.

It's good to hear a bit of its history! I love the colour, I hunted for a good while until I found this one. I bought it off a bloke up in Wellington who had looked after it as well. Paint is still in pretty good nick, rear bumper could use a respray at some point but that's probably only because I'm picky like that. She's not bad on oil now, but I've done pretty frequent oil changes on all my cars so I guess I don't give it a chance to burn any. I'm moving up to Wellington in a months time, I'll let you know when I'm doing a north island roadie and I'll pop in and see you.

Haha no worries, did he give you the original plates too? I put the euro ones on, infact germanplates.com still have a pic of the car in the website in the gallery.

Yeah thats the original plate number but I changed it to the euro from german plates which is on the car, always lft the standard size plates in the boot just in case I got pulled up on it

This is the plate that's on it now, I've never had a cop look twice at it so I assumed it was fully legal, especially as it's got NZ stamped on it. Is that the same one you're talking about?

post-51146-0-04895900-1392154612_thumb.j

yep thats what i put on, its a fake, you can get a ticket for that, just plead ignorance you bought it like that, but the guy you bought it off should have given you the originals too, must be hiding in the boot somewhere

this size, not sure why i wiped the plate, maybe when i had it listed somewhere else for sale,

post-122-0-02431800-1392178352_thumb.jpg

Great looking car. Have a permanent search for a red 540i on TM... Just in case!

Haha to do what?! To start all over again!!!, although after I sold the 530 we couldn't find an X5 we liked so bought an 02 540i motorsport...soooo much faster

Haha to do what?! To start all over again!!!, although after I sold the 530 we couldn't find an X5 we liked so bought an 02 540i motorsport...soooo much faster

I do love a project... Though my wallet is not as fond. Think I'd be better off painting mine red!!