Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Shipping options

Am quite possibly going to need a vehicle transported from Hamilton up to Waiuku next week. Not in driveable condition but to the best of my knowledge is still rolling. Can anyone recommend a company that won't charge the earth? I was looking at hiring a tandem car trailer and collecting myself but am struggling to find a loan vehicle that will pull 2 tonne :( Unless someone has a suitable vehicle that I could borrow for beers / fuel / much respect? TIA

In the past I've used Captain Transporter for a few cars, but most recently I had great service from Haul Plus... they are recommended by Trademe.

Price was considerably cheaper...

When I was looking to move the Bmws from tehoro to palmy couldn't do a car transporter because they needed to be driven on to the transporter

You normally pay a little extra if the car cannot move under its own power, plus you can decide if you want to take out insurance etc. Most places will provide online quotations as a guide.

Brian Roberts Towing out in Pukekohe have come back at $200+gst door to door, which by the time I hire a trailer, borrow a Land Rover or similar, pay for fuel and factor in the time it's probably only marginally more expensive than getting it myself. Thanks for the leads, will be getting in touch. Anyone else shipped a wreck before? :)

Anyone else shipped a wreck before? :)

Yeah... 400 kgs and 2.8M long :lol: Welly to Whangas for $150 cash B)

By the time you get it yourself, you often don't save money if it's far away. You forgot to factor in pies.

• Like 1

I have twice, both times Auckland to Napier only cost me $250 both times. Picked a car up myself one time before that and by the time I factored in fuel, road trip energy drinks and how long it took me to go get it and bring it back, it wasnt worth the $50 I saved.

I can recommend Car Distribution Group but are quite pricey if your not a trade customer.