Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Well priced 530d - Now part of Bimmersport

Sigh.. First contact with the owner of the 530D Estate was instant. Now nothing since.

Mrs likes the Sedan more than the estate. Both have been listed for quite a long time. Decisions decisions.

(Sighs loudly) I couldn't find a 530d Touring for love or money last year.

Now they are common as a party dress on the way to the Sevens(they be strolling past my window all day)

they are? O_O not on trade me though.. unless you mean F11s and two horrendously expensive e61s at the $Guys in the Tron.

(Sighs loudly) I couldn't find a 530d Touring for love or money last year.

Now they are common as a party dress on the way to the Sevens(they be strolling past my window all day)

which building are you in? ive probably been in 70% of them now

Asteron Centre, Opposite the railway station

yeah, finding ex-demo E90s with all the toys is nigh on impossible.

5 series have many toys as std,many have extras as well,but a lot of 3 series are pretty basic

Had a look at the 530D Touring today.

My Mrs has decided she doesn't want a Touring now that she has been in one. Just too big for her.

Though that had nothing to do with the reason I wouldn't buy that car.

Every panel has a decent scratch or dent. Back left quarter is quite bad from where the car has scraped something.

Front right of the motorsport bumper is nearly split in two all the way up to the headlights from where it has caught on a curb and been folded back. Over $1000 to fix that bumper alone.

The headlights are so sunburnt that there is no saving them. They would need to be replaced. Yellow, cracked and full of moisture.

The car looks like it has never been washed. Ever. Even though he had just washed it a few mins before meeting us. Mold and moss around the boot and doors. Electric hatch no longer works.

Interior is well used and very dirty. Being grey it would need steam cleaning to get back to a respectable standard.

Under the bonnet is very dirty. Car has always lived outside so the drains were blocked and had actually flooded into the break master which needed to be replaced recently because of it. The thermostat housing had been budget repaired with non genuine parts. There was a lot of corrosion around it and it was leaking badly. Surprised it hadn't let go already. The owner knew nothing about cars but when he saw this he was a little worried. For me I was very worried.

Had just replaced the front tyres with the cheapest brand on the market.

I would not be paying more than $12K for that car. It would need at least a safe 5K to get to standard. This car has been very neglected. Something a diesel BMW should never be.

Sounds like a typical NZ owner who bought it for the badge

• Like 2

Some people just have no pride ae Dan - I was in a 3yr old ex-lease Camry the other day, that was in such a disgusting state in & out that the Toyota dealer was gonna ditch straight to Turners as it was.............its not often I'll say something was 'disgusting', but it was...!!

This car was put in its current state in just 6 months.

Some people just have no pride ae Dan - I was in a 3yr old ex-lease Camry the other day, that was in such a disgusting state in & out that the Toyota dealer was gonna ditch straight to Turners as it was.............its not often I'll say something was 'disgusting', but it was...!!

I've seen some shockers too, ex lease, ex company but it has to be bloody hard work to get a car in that state in such a short amount of time. Some people are pigs with cars.

I was still really surprised how bad that car was. But I am glad it was crap as the one I settled on (one this thread was created for) turned out even better than I thought.

Yeah was a bit of a process. Gets dropped off to Christchurch this weekend. Flying down the following to bring it to Auckland.

So you bought it? Ahh welcome to M57TUD30 hood! Done forget to get it remapped which will give about 200kw and 600nm. I think it was Jarrod I spoke to a while back on this car he owned a restaurant. I was keen but he couldn't supply me with any details and wouldn't send us decent pics. The trademe ones looked like they were taken with a can opener.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Yup thats the guy. Lucky I have a very good customer of mine based in Greymounth and Jarred went to school with his kids.

Made it easier to get it checked. Car has only had two owners. First one was a very well known real estate agent who has looked after the car like it was his kid.

Most servicing done by BMW Chch. Car is in mint condition.

He had a heap of time wasters. So was hard to even get a hold of him.

Yup thats the guy. Lucky I have a very good customer of mine based in Greymounth and Jarred went to school with his kids.

Made it easier to get it checked. Car has only had two owners. First one was a very well known real estate agent who has looked after the car like it was his kid.

Most servicing done by BMW Chch. Car is in mint condition.

He had a heap of time wasters. So was hard to even get a hold of him.

Yeah, I found it hard to pin him down. I just couldn't seriously look into it with pictures that were taken by a record player. For me it's about a 1100km round trip roughly & I betchya that's why it's taken so long to shift as I doubt there's many BMW's over that way in relation to the rest of the country.

It is exactly what he said. All the time wasters just didn't want to commit to travelling that far. And to be honest if I didn't have contacts in Greymouth I would not have bothered. But it is a superior car in every way to the heap of junk touring I viewed just down the road from my house for less money.

Looking forward to my drive back to Auckland. Wonder how far that first tank will take me. With a bit of testing involved.

It is exactly what he said.  All the time wasters just didn't want to commit to travelling that far.  And to be honest if I didn't have contacts in Greymouth I would not have bothered.  But it is a superior car in every way to the heap of junk touring I viewed just down the road from my house for less money.

Looking forward to my drive back to Auckland.  Wonder how far that first tank will take me.  With a bit of testing involved.

You will be amazed.not sure of the tank size,but...

Love this 530D.

Drove from Chch Airport to Picton, Wellington - Masterton - Palmy - Taupo - Just North of Matamata

On one tank of diesel.

Approx 890kms with some mucking around. Not eco driving. Driving like we just purchased a new car and wanted to see how it drives. Went over the Rimutaka's and Vinegar Hill spiritedly.

Economy was still 6.7l/100kms.

Drives like a new car. Long distance driving all its life rather than shitty commuting in traffic. Is a shame that all it will be doing during the week is shitty commuting.

I say forget Petrol if you are looking at buying a more modern BMW. Unless you are looking at proper M vehicles of course.

The 530D has all the power of the 530i but with much more torque and far superior economy.

Even after just this one drive in the E60 I am impressed with how much better than the E39 it is. They really did build a car to the same standards as the amazing E39 with improvements in every aspect. Not many manufacturers achieve this.

BMW530D_zps5691f2ec.jpg

Far better picture of it there than the listing! He must have used a can opener to take the photo's prior.

The Mrs is not happy it doesn't have heated seats though. Haha. I thought being a Southern car it would.

No matter. It just doesn't get that cold up here.

Love this 530D.

Drove from Chch Airport to Picton, Wellington - Masterton - Palmy - Taupo - Just North of Matamata

On one tank of diesel.

Approx 890kms with some mucking around. Not eco driving. Driving like we just purchased a new car and wanted to see how it drives. Went over the Rimutaka's and Vinegar Hill spiritedly.

Economy was still 6.7l/100kms.

Drives like a new car. Long distance driving all its life rather than shitty commuting in traffic. Is a shame that all it will be doing during the week is shitty commuting.

I say forget Petrol if you are looking at buying a more modern BMW. Unless you are looking at proper M vehicles of course.

The 530D has all the power of the 530i but with much more torque and far superior economy.

Unfortunately the ruc adds 5 c a kilometre to your fuel bill,even for my 45 l fill thats about $30

I reckon you will go over 1000 k to the tank,and you have the torque and the range to keep you happy

Edited by kiwi535