Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Well priced 530d - Now part of Bimmersport

The diesels respond very well to being chipped?

Yes they do,but they still very linear,the 120d has got an awesome hit but it all happens between 2 and 4.5k rpm,then its all over,i miss the silky smooth pull from 2k to 6 plus k with the top end of The Big Six

Know what you mean Paul - still miss the bloody thing and I sold it ages ago.

This 530d is something else though - had it remapped in UK before importing and the torque is incredible. Easily quicker than the M5 and all at 6.9L/100km.

Know what you mean Paul - still miss the bloody thing and I sold it ages ago.

This 530d is something else though - had it remapped in UK before importing and the torque is incredible. Easily quicker than the M5 and all at 6.9L/100km. 

I know, the little diesel is quicker in the midrange then the 535!But I miss the high rev hp hit

I think I will get the required service done and then remove the swirl flaps. I am interested in having the car chipped/remaped. Guess I would need to talk to Gavin at Hi Velocity.

I think I will get the required service done and then remove the swirl flaps.  I am interested in having the car chipped/remaped.  Guess I would need to talk to Gavin at Hi Velocity.

Nz performance tuning did mine,10 minutes they will come to you

Yeah Gavin told me he could get 25% more power on less gas from mine. And thats without touching the engine - just software settings. The petrols dont get anything like that improvement...

Thats a full dyno tune though

Edited by elmarco

Cool will look into this soon. Want to make sure all the cosmetic things are tidied up and that if I get a flat that I can actually do something about it.

Car came with a full size wheel as a spare in the boot. Takes up a heap of space. Car had run flats once so never had a space saver.

However the car doesn't have a jack either.

What do you guys think of the M Mobility Kits?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E60-530i-M54_3.0L/Wheels/Emergency_Equipment/ES2728381/

Otherwise I was thinking about getting this kit. Though a heap of money for a jack.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E60-530i-M54_3.0L/Wheels/Tools/ES2530819/

I have the M mobility kit, if the sh*t really hits the fan, AA will sort me out............................i would hope

I got the mobility kit from Team McMillan for $150 from memory for the same reason. Still need to find a jack, but have reasoned that even if i get it up in the air there isnt much i can do with a bad puncture. I also got an AA membership in case the worst happens.

The diesels respond very well to being chipped?

Instantly noticed my 320d and 2x X5's that I had remapped, one of the X5's didn't do it any favors though, the response that is, but better still was the improvement of power and power delivery. I wouldn't have a BMW Diesel without a remap.

Nz performance tuning did mine,10 minutes they will come to you

What did they charge you for your remap?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Think I will get the Mobility Kit. And take the full size wheel only if I am towing or something. Takes up too much space in the boot.

Also doesn't anyone have a copy of the latest BMW NAV Dvd :)

Don't you hate it when the old owner just cleans the car out of everything. Even if it is only good for this car.

Edited by driftit

Instantly noticed my 320d and 2x X5's that I had remapped, one of the X5's didn't do it any favors though, the response that is, but better still was the improvement of power and power delivery. I wouldn't have a BMW Diesel without a remap.

What did they charge you for your remap?