Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupe – it’s almost here!

Now everyone has got their head around the 4-Series it's time for the next one, the 2-Series!

Media Release

5 February, 2014

The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupe – it’s almost here!

• First ever BMW model to wear the 2 Series designation
  • Clear differentiation from the compact BMW 1 Series models thanks to an individual dynamic design plus increased size and interior space
  • Unbeatable driving dynamics and emotionally appealing aesthetics in typical BMW Coupé style
  • 220i available in March, with debut of M235i in second half of 2014

BMW New Zealand has announced details of its newest performance two-door model, the BMW 2 Series Coupé, which is set to raise the bar in the premium compact segment in terms of dynamic ability, aesthetic appeal and emotional allure.

The successor to the extremely popular 1 Series Coupé improves in all facets by delivering an even higher level of thrilling dynamics, improved occupant comfort coupled with the latest in innovative technology.

According to Nina Englert, Managing Director for BMW Group New Zealand, the new 2 Series Coupé will set the bar in terms of rear-wheel drive performance motoring achievable from a compact Coupe bodystyle.

“The 2 Series Coupé blends stunning good looks with the kind of incredible dynamic talent that can only be delivered by a rear wheel drive car,” she said.

“Add to this the generous specification loaded with the latest in innovative technology, and I am very confident this will become another performance favourite from the makers of Ultimate Driving Machines.”

The 220i will launch in March with the more powerful M235i to follow in the second half of 2014. Both models come standard with the eight-speed sports automatic transmission which includes gear shift paddles and launch control function and will also be equipped with the latest BMW TwinPower turbo engines, boasting exhilarating power and torque figures, yet still returning impressive fuel economy.

Priced at $71,700 driveaway, the BMW 220i Coupé develops 135 kW of power and 270 Nm of peak torque which is delivered as early as 1,250 rpm. This is enough to propel the BMW 220i Coupé from 0-100 km/h in 7.0 seconds whilst consuming a mere 6.0 l/100 km’s on the combined cycle.

As with all new BMW models available for sale in New Zealand, the new BMW 2 Series Coupe range comes with a full five year warranty, delivering extra peace of mind for BMW enthusiasts.

post-2707-0-94917100-1391543472.jpg

post-2707-0-86163700-1391543484.jpg

post-2707-0-13742500-1391543498.jpg

post-2707-0-51528800-1391543512.jpg

post-2707-0-48605800-1391550330.jpg

post-2707-0-02275400-1391550354.jpg

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Quite cool.

Though it does have a cheap look in certain parts, I wonder if it will have that low cost feel like the 1 series did when they came out..

BMW appear to be doing what Japanese have been doing for awhile, in having heaps of similar models with slightly looks etc.

All these new models coming out look pretty much the same to me. If modern BMW didn't have badges\grilles then they would just blend it with all the other genericness, just like most modern built stuff.

• Like 1

Still liking the looks of the current 1M more. :S

Seats look good except for that fish-net looking thing...

I agree with Jared................and to me all the different model selection / variants is pointless when theres such little distinction between the variants really.......BMW is rapidly becoming a 'german Toyota' as a brand IMO..........the uniqueness / exclusivity has / is being eroded...........

Edit - don't get me wrong though in that I think this looks fine......... ;) Actually, maybe BMW needs to do what they're doing - I drove a 3 year old Commodore yesterday, that had 105kms on the clock, & IMO, it was just a half f#cked P.O.S........I couldn't believe how bad it was!! My partners 05 Mazda 6 with 135kms on it would be twice the car to drive, although its down on power to the Dunnydore...

Edited by Blue-540i

I like the look of the red one in the first photo nice angle to see the body shape and to me looks better than 1 series.

Seats look good except for that fish-net looking thing...

looks like a cheap stripper got undressed in there.

• Like 2

What's up with this blue brake calliper thing too... looks like a new mod will be to get out a black can of high temp spray paint...