Sign in to follow this  
Ethereal

Hi all

Hi everyone -- am new here so thought I'd say hi.

Currently have an Audi A4 but looking at buying a used 335i. Have test driven a few and love 'em to bits.

Had a test drive in the new 435i as well, they're amazing cars but they're a very "digital" experience (HUD, lane departure warnings, etc.). The Audi is good but there's no denying RWD is a blast!

• Like 1

Picked up the new car this weekend, a 2010 335i M-Sport. Put about 450km over about 10 hours on it just this weekend and loved every minute of it.

10pkemv3.tik.jpg
al2outdp.gnz.jpg
  • Like 2

Congrats :D

Ahh the last N54 version before they switched to the N55 engine, the N54 is a lot more tunable for power then the N55

I see you have mod list already sorted :D - I am still trying to work out if i am switching to a JB4 or Cobb tune from the PTF guys - would be keen to hear about how the JB4 goes with your car

• Like 1

Ahh the last N54 version before they switched to the N55 engine, the N54 is a lot more tunable for power then the N55

Yeah, this was partly the reason I jumped on this car when I could. Everything sorta fell in to place, I love the Dakota leather interior, it had the sunroof, was the last of the N54's while being the newest shape, had low KM's, flew through a BMW pre-purchase inspection and was praised as being one of the tidiest they'd seen. It is also a 6MT which I had trouble finding through my 2-3 months of looking around. I even got it for a good price compared to the other models I saw around.

I see you have mod list already sorted :D - I am still trying to work out if i am switching to a JB4 or Cobb tune from the PTF guys - would be keen to hear about how the JB4 goes with your car

Once I have a bit of spare cash laying around I'm really keen to get just the JB4 in. Even the extra 100HP at the crank on an otherwise stock car is going to make a huge difference.

For shits and giggles I've priced up a few mods and for not a huge amount of money you can really do a LOT to the car.

Prices in USD:

• JB4 PNP (N54 Stage 3) plus USB Cable and Dual Cone Intake Combo - $599
  • N54 135/1M/335 - BMW Oil Catch Can by BMS - $179
  • cp-e 135/335 Intercooler - $839
  • Optional Add-On Oil Cooler for use with CPE intercooler - $129
  • cp-e™ BMW 135i, 335i & 335xi 3" Catless Downpipes - $579
  • BMS Downpipe Fix -- N54 Twin Turbo Motor - $100
  • BMS Replacement Downpipe Gaskets/Hardware - $19
  • cp-e BMW 135i / 335i Blowoff Valve Kit (TiAL) - $550
  • BMS Stainless Steel Brake Line Upgrade Kit - $119
  • BMS Meth Kit with 2.3 gal. Integrated Tank, solenoid, including FSB - $529
  • Shipping to NZ - $200

Total = $3569.00USD or $4256NZD

I guess with all that though I can kiss my 4 year mechanical warranty goodbye as it's a LOT of mods to strip off if I need to take it in!

Yeah, this was partly the reason I jumped on this car when I could. Everything sorta fell in to place, I love the Dakota leather interior, it had the sunroof, was the last of the N54's while being the newest shape, had low KM's, flew through a BMW pre-purchase inspection and was praised as being one of the tidiest they'd seen. It is also a 6MT which I had trouble finding through my 2-3 months of looking around. I even got it for a good price compared to the other models I saw around.

Once I have a bit of spare cash laying around I'm really keen to get just the JB4 in. Even the extra 100HP at the crank on an otherwise stock car is going to make a huge difference.

For shits and giggles I've priced up a few mods and for not a huge amount of money you can really do a LOT to the car.

Prices in USD:

• JB4 PNP (N54 Stage 3) plus USB Cable and Dual Cone Intake Combo - $599
  • N54 135/1M/335 - BMW Oil Catch Can by BMS - $179
  • cp-e 135/335 Intercooler - $839
  • Optional Add-On Oil Cooler for use with CPE intercooler - $129
  • cp-e™ BMW 135i, 335i & 335xi 3" Catless Downpipes - $579
  • BMS Downpipe Fix -- N54 Twin Turbo Motor - $100
  • BMS Replacement Downpipe Gaskets/Hardware - $19
  • cp-e BMW 135i / 335i Blowoff Valve Kit (TiAL) - $550
  • BMS Stainless Steel Brake Line Upgrade Kit - $119
  • BMS Meth Kit with 2.3 gal. Integrated Tank, solenoid, including FSB - $529
  • Shipping to NZ - $200

Total = $3569.00USD or $4256NZD

I guess with all that though I can kiss my 4 year mechanical warranty goodbye as it's a LOT of mods to strip off if I need to take it in!

Sounds like a great buy! - 6MT are rare

What sort of KM is on the car? Mine was around 40K when i bought it and it needed the walnut blasting on the intakes to clear them - then i had the BMS OCC installed

You can definitely make it a M3 Killer without spending much :D - Some quality mods there, - you should be set to run higher tune without going into limp mode- i don't think you need the downpipe fix (flash tune it's coded out) and from memory with the JB4 it clears that code - i think the mod was there for previous versions of the JB4 (double check tho)

So you're going down the Meth route - brave!

I've just seen and read some horror stories and to me with all the general checking to make sure they system is working ( no air, lines not tangled etc etc) too much trouble for a DD

That's the reason i went down the E85 fuel route for the power tune / tracking

The car is a total different beast once the factory tune has been replaced - will bring a big smile to the face when you plant it :D

With the OFT tune

98 Fuel - around 105HP at the wheels difference - Torque difference of 190Nm

E85 Fuel - around 135HP at the wheels difference - Torque difference of 271Nm

My plan if i go down the JB4 route will be to run stacked mode (BMS backend flash or Wedge backend flash with JB4 piggy) - am sure i can get some higher HP figures with the stock turbo's

My only suggestion is with the higher HP figures on the car you look at getting a LSD and suspension sorted out -

Edited by mod335

Sounds like a great buy! - 6MT are rare

What sort of KM is on the car? Mine was around 40K when i bought it and it needed the walnut blasting on the intakes to clear them - then i had the BMS OCC installed

You can definitely make it a M3 Killer without spending much :D - Some quality mods there, - you should be set to run higher tune without going into limp mode- i don't think you need the downpipe fix (flash tune it's coded out) and from memory with the JB4 it clears that code - i think the mod was there for previous versions of the JB4 (double check tho)

There's 63k on the car at the moment, so I think it's probably due for an intake clean. I might get the guys over at BMWorkshop to take a look for me and get that OCC on ASAP. I think you're right about the DP fix too -- I remember reading that somewhere now.

Agreed that meth is probably too much of an issue for a DD, but from what I'm reading the benefits are supposed to be huge. Where do you get your E85 from? Looking around I can see only Gull Pukekohe sells it (according to the Gull website).

Are the mods listed in your signature current or planned? If current you must have a monster of a car, I'd love to see it in person some time.

There's 63k on the car at the moment, so I think it's probably due for an intake clean. I might get the guys over at BMWorkshop to take a look for me and get that OCC on ASAP. I think you're right about the DP fix too -- I remember reading that somewhere now.

Agreed that meth is probably too much of an issue for a DD, but from what I'm reading the benefits are supposed to be huge. Where do you get your E85 from? Looking around I can see only Gull Pukekohe sells it (according to the Gull website).

Are the mods listed in your signature current or planned? If current you must have a monster of a car, I'd love to see it in person some time.

Yep, you'll be in good hand with Ross & Gavin@Bmworkshop - they've done pretty much all the installation of the mods on my 335i

Benefits can be good, but to me it's basically a octane bandaid and if the meth dies/stops and if you're tune is relying on it - your engine could be in trouble -

Ya - Gull Pukekohe is the only service station in Auckland - you can buy it in drums from other places but it's terrible mileage if you run it full time (around 350Km on a full tank auckland driving) - on track days i am pretty much empty by mid-day (30-40L/100km)

I only run it usually when i am doing track days or when i know i am going for a fun drive over the weekend

Mods in signature listed are currently installed :D - Def would be great to catch up some time

BTW with my mechanical warranty - it was purchased through AA - I informed them of all the mods installed - i think due to all the installation being down by BMWorkshop they didn't have a issue - they did ask for some invoices and they sent someone to BMWorkshop to check the car - but car's still covered :D