Sign in to follow this  
Neil Payne

1989 E30 320i

Looks great.. can't go wrong with RS'.

needs a drop though

But before you do anything sort that roundel out!

Looks great.. can't go wrong with RS'.

needs a drop though

But before you do anything sort that roundel out!

Thanks man, Have already gone to king lows in the rear, trying to leave a bit of road clearance for the moment as i have speed bump galoure at uni and a bitch of a drive way entrance. Have the new badges on the way, going to save them untill ive done the re-spray at easter. have the paint already just waitning for the time off to do it :)

I was going to say you need to colour match those bumers but sounds like you got the right idea, thumbs up from me

I was going to say you need to colour match those bumers but sounds like you got the right idea, thumbs up from me

yea defintely going to colour match them, trying to decide weither I match the whole bumper or leave or leave the plastic edge stip black

colour matched rear spoiler, black bumper strips IMHO

colour matched rear spoiler, black bumper strips IMHO

Had thought the exact same thing. Only thing that puts me off is the rear spoiler is rubberised foam so painting tha could lead to cracking. Brittle paint with flexible material underneath...

Tackled the ominous rust patch on the boot sill. Zintech plate on, just a bit of bog to make it all pretty again now.

post-51248-0-07436600-1394151215_thumb.j

you can get a plasticiser added to the paint to deal with that. Black boot spoilers are so PFL

• Like 1

Mean seats bro! I drive past this a few times at repco. Looks so nice man keep up the good work!

Fitted the new seats I got from Darren.

Really happy with the fit and look. Thanks for the deal :)

Did you get the back seat in?

Mean seats bro! I drive past this a few times at repco. Looks so nice man keep up the good work!

Thanks man, getting there slowly now, fingers crossed she'll be getting a respray over Easter too.

Did you get the back seat in?

Not yet, still looking for a good one, Found one e30 rear seat but it was cracked and torn. Not in a major rush so will wait for the right one.

How's yours going? Caged now?

I see you on the coast and down at Albany all the time man!

Probably one the best sounding E30's I've personally heard. Cool to see the build thread on here.

I see you on the coast and down at Albany all the time man!

Probably one the best sounding E30's I've personally heard. Cool to see the build thread on here.

Thanks Man! Really nice to hear people's opinions on it, has been a work in prgress for a little while now. Nice crisp rebuild and a full stainless exhasut definitely bought out the 6cyl sound.

This is really, really nice. Excellent job so far. Makes me envious about my own, but none the less its still fun to work on. I love the seat conversion you've done, it turned out amazingly I might have to have a think about doing some e36 seats in my own. Will probably post up a project thread to get some help/ideas. Anyway best of luck on yours, looks great.

This is really, really nice. Excellent job so far. Makes me envious about my own, but none the less its still fun to work on. I love the seat conversion you've done, it turned out amazingly I might have to have a think about doing some e36 seats in my own. Will probably post up a project thread to get some help/ideas. Anyway best of luck on yours, looks great.

Thanks so much man, nice to hear other e30 owners like the build and the time going into the build is paying off. The e36 seat conversion is definitely one of the best things I did, makes a massive difference to the feel of the interior would definitely recommend it. I'll keep an eye out for your thread, plenty of people always happy to help out on here, good luck with your build :)

Decided to dye the door cards black, navy blue didn't really suit the interior anymore with leather seats. Not sure if it'll stand up to wear and tear very well but will be a definitely improvement until I fet hold of a leather set :)

post-51248-0-97626300-1397961859.jpg

Went on an eBay spending spree and bought an Angel Eyes kit and HID conversion. Took a bit of work unsealing the lenses to put in the LED Rings then sealing them back up. Dip beam has a bit more sealant then i would have liked because of the LED ring pushing the lenses out but i'm over the moon with the result.

5nQzFxG.jpg

piamaQT.jpg

XTLVD99.jpg

Couple of update pictures to add;

Rear E36 leather seat

b5c2vD5l.jpg

Dyed door cards to match black interior

RZNm4Opl.jpg

Also took the car to the first meet on Sunday, was awesome to meet new people and check out their cars! Cheers ECC. here's one of the photos that was taken on the day

mVOfKq1l.jpg

After seeing how destroyed the front valance looked i had to do something about it so resprayed the valance. Only from a touch up can but will do until i get to the full respray.

yfBrBDal.jpg

Thanks for having a look :D

That back seat looks sweet, what e36 do they come from? Hatch, Coupe or Sedan?

Always wondered if the rear seats from a 318i compact would fit a touring but they are quite different setup to normal e30's....

That back seat looks sweet, what e36 do they come from? Hatch, Coupe or Sedan?

Always wondered if the rear seats from a 318i compact would fit a touring but they are quite different setup to normal e30's....

Came out of a sedan, the base fits no worries but the backs a bit of a tight squeeze though and have to add in a mount t to pull the bottom of the back in to the wheel arch. Ive seen compact seats in a coupe E30 before but wouldn't be sure about a touring either, sure it could be done with some work though :)