Sign in to follow this  
allan

Radio trouble

Went to turn the radio on and nothing happened upon stripping it down found that the on/off button has come adrift and the plastic part that holds it is place is broken. Would this part be available or is it purchase another radio time thanks for any assistance the radio is a CD53 from a e46 the label also has Alpine made in Japan etc.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/Allanson54/radiobits2_zps52bd7539.jpg

Edited by tim 325

An update on this I found a repair on line but it was basically glue the broken bits back together. A bit difficult if you haven't got all the broken bits after looking on trade me I found an earlier cassette type 43 model with a push button on/off like mine which I bought a bit of punt. It arrived yesterday and after checking out the switch setup it was totally different bugger. So either fix it or buy another CD53 unit so I decided to try and fix it. Upon checking out the small bits I had was able to rebuild one of the mounting points for the switch bracket. The other mount was to badly broken to do anything with so I filed it off flush with the base leaving a slight mark of it's position. After looking through some old computer cases I found a piece that I was able to reshape and reduce in length. Using a pin as a locator I slid the pin through the hole on the piece made and super glued it in place then removed the pin and before the glue set located the switch bracket in place to make sure the repair was in the correct spot and put it aside to let the glue set. After a couple of hours I fitted the switch set up to the face plate and reassembled the rest of the radio then connected it to the wiring in the car and pressed the button it felt positive and low and hold it worked. The photo shows the broken parts ( black arrows) while the locating ones are the (red arrows)

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/Allanson54/switchsetup1_zps40d376e0.jpg