Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Rare-BMW-a-write-off-in-smash

Bugger. Looks like he can swap alot of that into a new shell.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Was my other thought. If both his cars are worth 13k it cant be that rare. I would be pissed though

wait ... what makes the car a "rare" one?

it had a new clutch.

that's rare.

• Like 1

Yeah can anyone offer insight into why you wouldn't insure your rare BMW that gets parked in the side of the road? I see insurance for things like these a necessity. You only pay for other stuff once the insurance box gets ticked.

Can't speak too much given the sparse information though. He may have been between changing insurance or something.

Good thing he was a photographer though. The photo of the crash is pretty good. Wonder if it was his and he got paid for it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

oh haha....

(it hurts because it's true).

• Like 2

$3000 on a new clutch. Made of diamonds.

Rare. Nope.

Trying to pull a swifty on the Buses insurance. They will see right through it and give him what its worth. About $4K max.

• Like 1

The whole 'no insurance' thing bugs me.

I don't like paying insurance premiums - specially since CHCH earthquakes and my house insurnace has gone to monthly what it used to be yearly !

BUT, if you decide not to have insurance, that is the risk you take. Lets face it, you are basically betting with the insurance company that something will happen to your house / car / contents, and they are betting it will not.

It really pisses me off when after a car accident, house fire etc, these clowns end up in the paper with a sad face and story, and the do-gooders come out of the undergrowth and buy them new stuff !!!

They made the deceision to risk it .... and lost !!

Just like if nothing happens to my house ... I loose the premiums.

/rant

Most people hand the same opinion as you. The media post these stories to Stir sh*t.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

As rare as cow sh*t in NZ?

No insurance on two cars is a little silly IMO.

The whole 'no insurance' thing bugs me.

I don't like paying insurance premiums - specially since CHCH earthquakes and my house insurnace has gone to monthly what it used to be yearly !

BUT, if you decide not to have insurance, that is the risk you take. Lets face it, you are basically betting with the insurance company that something will happen to your house / car / contents, and they are betting it will not.

It really pisses me off when after a car accident, house fire etc, these clowns end up in the paper with a sad face and story, and the do-gooders come out of the undergrowth and buy them new stuff !!!

They made the deceision to risk it .... and lost !!

Just like if nothing happens to my house ... I loose the premiums.

/rant

Sure, if you're at fault.

If you are not at fault it is the other parties responsibility to make good your loss.

• Like 1

I walked past this last week sitting on a tow truck outside Mt Eden train station.

Looked a bit ricer/not that special

I walked past this last week sitting on a tow truck outside Mt Eden train station.

Looked a bit ricer/not that special

But Nef, it's rare as!

Standard four door E30 with terrible TSW 17" wheels? So rare. Much want.

Although I suppose the intern writer assigned to the story "Jenny Ling" knows nothing about BMW's so just took they guy's word for it.

From the title I was expecting an Alpina. Not that I wanted one to get smashed up though...

Every modified car is rare in its owners eyes ;)

As for the insurance thing... Depending on how old he is, my guess would be that it's due to cost. Before I turned 25, my premiums on my automatic 1991 320i with 18" wheels were $200+ a month because wheels count as modifications and BMW's are "exotic". I hate to think what they'd be for an E30 with "engine modifications" and aftermarket wheels.

Even if that's not the case...he's not at fault here. Bus drivers are a law unto themselves in the cities - who wouldn't do their best to take them to the cleaners?

Is the sort of guy who will run up the ass of a late model Euro at the lights.

The late model euro owners insurance company will then destroy his life.

If he is young enough they will go after the parents money/assets.

Is it an e30 or e28? Hard to tell. If either, not worth half of what he reckons

Its an e30. Ignore the heart sob story of no car for work. He posted on facebook the next arvo that he had bought a gtir pulsar to replace them. Amazing how little damage the bus took

• Like 1

Its an e30. Ignore the heart sob story of no car for work. He posted on facebook the next arvo that he had bought a gtir pulsar to replace them. Amazing how little damage the bus took

What a knob.

woah crazy i recognised that location without even having read the title, i have a friend who live about 200m down the rd and drive past that car often....