Sign in to follow this  
gouba

e30 15 inch wheels and tyres

Hi all

My e30 is being written off and i have to hand it over to the insurance company. Not wanting it to go with my set of BBS RS rims, i need to swap them over to other 15 inch wheels. Tyres have to be just warrantable, dont need anything exciting.

Needs to be Auckland pick up :)

I do have a sweet set of BBS RS rims (7.5 inch front, 8 inch rears) for sale if people want to swap and upgrade.

Thanks,

Matt

Definitely keen. Pictures and price? I have a set of warrantable bottle caps and a burning desire to swap them to RS's 7.5" in the front. Ha, look at my sig!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Keen as well depending on price haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bottle caps are not 15" wheels guys.

In any case:

the insurance company has probably already taken photos of your car with the RS on them, so its possibly too late, and "frauding" them they wont take to kindly to that. if you are going to take the wheels, you might as well take the stereo, the steering wheel, the seats…. where does the list end.

I suggest you let them take the car, have them pay out, and tell them that you want first option to buy the car back.

Insurance companies are not an entity you f**k round with, because you will never get insurance again etc. Thats why you have insurance in the first place

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

Good call Andy. Don't know how to do the embarrassed smiley on my phone but I would be doing it so much right now.

Saw someone was offering bottlecaps and out came the words.

I've never had to do it, and hopefully never will, but when you do get the opportunity to buy the car back how does it usually go? Let's say I write off an e30, is the buyback value a function of the payout or does it get valued again? Seems like technically it should be valued again since they had already done so to determine it has been written off.

In that case these buyback deals would be pretty good since they may end up paying out quite a bit less based in "market value" etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

you get paid out on the value before you crashed it, lets say it was a $3k car 30 seconds before the crash, thats what they pay you (less excess and any unpaid premium for that year etc)

you then buy it back at the value it is now, lets say its now worth $300 (scrap value). They dont care about flogging your RS seperately or take into account thier value, they have bigger fish to fry than a set of nice wheels.

So lets assume your up paid insurance up front at start of year, if excess was $1k, $3k-1k=2k-300=1700, they pay you out $1700 and you keep the car,

though in cases i have seen, the ownership does breifly change to the insurance company, they deregister the car, and then give it back to you.

In most cases, for people like us, it is almost always worth buying the car back unless its really been crash banged and assholed, you will keep your nice bits that owe you much more than the buyback value, and can still flog the rest if you can be bothered.

the insurance company has probably already taken photos of your car with the RS on them, so its possibly too late, and "frauding" them they wont take to kindly to that. if you are going to take the wheels, you might as well take the stereo, the steering wheel, the seats…. where does the list end.

This was declared to the insurance company that I would be taking the wheels off and taken into consideration for the payment amount. I'm not going to risk losing my insurance capacity over a set of wheels.

Brought my wrecked e30 325m back from the insurance company for $500 after they had paid me out. Had to get it home as wasnt mobile. They deregistered it. As you can imagine was worth every penny of the $500 .

You could hve mine if only I could get some original e21 mags for my e21. It had steels from new and a previous owner fittied it with e30 mags.

You could hve mine if only I could get some original e21 mags for my e21. It had steels from new and a previous owner fittied it with e30 mags.

Basketweaves?

Basketweaves - I don't know, what's that?

sorry - "you could have mine." The wheels on your e21 what style are they?

This was declared to the insurance company that I would be taking the wheels off and taken into consideration for the payment amount. I'm not going to risk losing my insurance capacity over a set of wheels.

ahh good on you, havent come across anyone doing that before :)

Brought my wrecked e30 325m back from the insurance company for $500 after they had paid me out. Had to get it home as wasnt mobile. They deregistered it. As you can imagine was worth every penny of the $500 .

the white one?? always wondered what happened to that. its the twin car to Blairs

Just those common ones, might be Basketweaves, that sort of describes the style quite well I guess.

Basically there are two kinds:

basketweaves

post-41073-0-44985900-1393560186.jpg

and

bottlecaps

post-41073-0-93144600-1393560117.jpg