Sign in to follow this  
Limezed

New guy - 635

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, and new to BMW ownership.

My wife has just bought me a maroon 635csi Highline as a 40th birthday present (it was sitting hidden for two months since being purchased off Rowan). I have no photos of her yet so will need to steer you to the thread here for shots of it. http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/47047-rowans-e24-aka-the-maroon-princess/page-3

I guess this is not the usual way into car ownership, but I after years of talking about them something must have sunken in.

It has found the last space in my shed next to a '98 TVR Chimaera, '66 Mustang Fastback, '77 Fiat 124 Spider and my '72 Datsun 240Z track car.

Anyway I hope to catch up with you other like minded car nuts in the near future.

Cheers,

Karl

Edited by Limezed

nice car.

very nice prezzy

if you need any bits i have a few

cheers brent

BM WORLD LTD

papakura

brent@bmworld.co.nz

That 6 is gorgeous.

Lovely car. Hope you have a lot of fun driving it..

Welcome to BS...Sweet collection!

Any pics of your others?

Just realised I have very few photos of the cars.

I'll attempt to put them up now. Hopefully this works:

1) TVR Chimarea - 1998 4.0 (baby rover)

2) 1966 Mustang Fastback - project. Body / engine / interior all done. Awaiting the new coil over front and 4 link coil over rear suspension to come in from the states. Then it should hopefully all go together over the winter.

3) 1977 Fiat 124 Spider - (terrible photo). This is the shed dweller. It has been 14 years on and off. all it needs is the windscreen fitting and the interior assembly. I bare metalled it and have replaced pretty much everything. Unfortunately I'm not that motivated to drive it, so it sits.

4) 1972 Datsun 240Z - will be buried in this one. Its has only done 63,000 miles but then the racing bug bite. The original 2.4 motor, gearbox, diff, hubcaps etc live in a box at work. It now has a 2.8 with triple webers, LSD, cage, wilwoods etc. Heaps of fun, very forgiving but always looking for more power.

Hopefully photos come out.

I just took the 635 for its my first real drive this morning. It certainly goes round corners well.

Had trouble inserting URL for photobucket, so have attached instead. Numpty.

Cheers,

Karl.

post-51317-0-27623600-1394145111.jpg

post-51317-0-00152400-1394145210_thumb.j

post-51317-0-69184100-1394145222_thumb.j

post-51317-0-41427600-1394145232.jpg

Welcome Karl.. Love the 635, looks amazing. What an awesome present from the Mrs.. She's a keeper!