Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

E70 X5 Navigation question

Okay, very quickly.

I know that the cars can retrofit CCC or CIC but these are costly.

During some of my investigation it seems that the hidden menus show some sort of Navigation recognition??

Am I correct in assuming that perhaps with the right disc and activation code that I can actually get Navigation without resorting to retrofit?

I am thinking this is a Business unit with Navigation function turned off??

Shot of the hidden Menu:

IMAG1185_zps9zyy27zh.jpg

Random Professional Navigation disc out of another car (didn't work obviously)

IMAG1186_zpszmoeefuz.jpg

Fairly sure you need the antenna and computer/module to run this?

Fairly sure you need the antenna and computer/module to run this?

I was under the impression that you'd need the antenna and the like?

Correct ... But looking through the retro-fit manual it seems that if the car has bluetooth handsfree phone kit then the antenna is pre-installed from the factory.

The unit itself it seems is a BMW Business M-ASK system - I've also looked into it on NCS and it seems that the navigation function has just been turned off that's all.

Anyone with a BMW Business Navigation DVD disc that I can borrow for a few hours to try it out??

Correct ... But looking through the retro-fit manual it seems that if the car has bluetooth handsfree phone kit then the antenna is pre-installed from the factory.

The unit itself it seems is a BMW Business M-ASK system - I've also looked into it on NCS and it seems that the navigation function has just been turned off that's all.

Anyone with a BMW Business Navigation DVD disc that I can borrow for a few hours to try it out??

Late reply but I have an E53 burnt disk here somewhere if that would help? Doubt it but may be worth a go?

There is no disk exist for nz for bmw business , must upgrade to professional

Late reply but I have an E53 burnt disk here somewhere if that would help? Doubt it but may be worth a go?

Thanks gents ... it seems that there is indeed no business navigation disc that exists for NZ at all.

The disc in the E53 is apparently the High Version which I have and tried and it didn't work.

Thanks all.

I like how it says "Money" down the bottom of the second photo. It seems it wants some to be thrown at it to please it, before you can get navigation

Thanks gents ... it seems that there is indeed no business navigation disc that exists for NZ at all.

The disc in the E53 is apparently the High Version which I have and tried and it didn't work.

Thanks all.

I have Nav professional in my E65. I'd be happy to copy that DVD and send it up?

Retrofit CIC is the way to go. We can do the retrofitting with different options. Reversing camera...etc