Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

BMW Ultimate Drive Day

For those who might be interested:

(If it hasn't already been posted)

https://www.facebook.com/BMWNewZealand/app_273209646178010

Enter/Register through Facebook. Looks like it would be a great experience for those interested.

Edit
Another facebook link: http://www.bmwdrive.co.nz/udd/?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Homepage+Panorama&utm_content=homepagebannerlink&utm_term=Number+One+UDD+ROI+banner

Or if you don't have facebook: http://www.bmwdrive.co.nz/udd/?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Homepage+Panorama&utm_content=homepagebannerlink&utm_term=Number+One+UDD+ROI+banner

Edited by Amber-Leigh
  • Like 1

Amber-Leigh - thank you. :D

That's at least 10 minutes down the road from where we'll be living (by then). Close enough that I could walk to the track!

• Like 1

In fairness i have facebook and the link wont work so cant be that popular haha.

" well start our own drive day. With blackjack and hookers"

• Like 1

http://www.bmwdrive.co.nz/udd/?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Homepage+Panorama&utm_content=homepagebannerlink&utm_term=Number+One+UDD+ROI+banner

Non Facebook registration for those who don't have access to Facebook.

You can register - but you won't necessarily be chosen. Only 120 people will get the lucky pick.

Day is valued at over $300, so why not register :)

And another facebook link for it: https://www.facebook.com/BMWNewZealand/app_273209646178010

• Like 1

Do people realise that the world doesn't revolve around FB? Rhetorical - I expect not.

Is there a proper web page for info? If not no worries, I probably don't want to attend a FB only event... imagine the crowd!

http://www.bmwdrive.co.nz/udd/?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Homepage+Panorama&utm_content=homepagebannerlink&utm_term=Number+One+UDD+ROI+banner

There you go. Capped to 120 people.

Edit: it was on the BMW NZ website - but I guess the easiest way to promote and notify was via facebook :)

Hope that link works too.

Edited by Amber-Leigh

I'd be unsurprised if a LOT more than 120 people responded, Facebook or not. I'll consider myself very fortunate if I'm invited.

Social media is a route to market for many companies these days.

I got an email that linked to the non-FB registration page. However the email didn't state the date of the event, only suggesting it'll be sometime in March.

Edited by 318Touring

19th March :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sent the email out today - sadly I wasn't a lucky pick, but my Dad and best mate were, so they will have a blast!

Have fun to those who were picked ;)

Bummer, me neither...

Perhaps I should have said I drove an Audi.

I think it would of worked - all the mates that said BMW didn't get in, those who said Audi, Honda, Porsche etc got in ;)

I don't have FB and never will. Why do some people insist on using FB to promote things, use a proper means to promote and you might get a better outcome.

Is it a Track Day in our own cars?

Where?

When?

What cost?

What format?

Organised by who?

etc...

There was a link to the web-page as well.

Probably too late now, places filled.

They gave away 120 spots and had a couple of thousand applications. Seems their marketing is spot on. Dont refuse their marketing then moan about not knowing details.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I don't have FB and never will. Why do some people insist on using FB to promote things, use a proper means to promote and you might get a better outcome.

Yeah, total waste of time marketing on a site with over 300 million users worldwide and now over 2.5mill in NZ. Much better off in the Te Kuiti Bugle.

• Like 2

Their primary advertising point was Facebook, but they did advertise on the BMW Nz website, but I am sure 95% of entries were done via Facebook, I mean who actually browses their website on a regular basis for updates?

Possibly other minor ways too.

My Dad and Mate went and they said it was great, everybody's favourite seemed to be the M135i and the hotlap was the best track. Apparently the 5 series diesel was impressive too, but the 6 series with twin turbos got a few umm and ahhs as to turbo lag and not the best it could of thought to be..

Just what I was told by 3 attendee's.. Sounds like a great day held by BMW :)

I went on one of these last year. The M135i is definitely a lot of fun and the F10 M5 was epic... That said, the most fun was probably in the 320i because we could push that a lot harder at the controlled speeds on the day.

I didn't get in either, despite saying I drove a BMW and was considering a change of car!

Good to hear it was a fun day out.