Sign in to follow this  
_Alan_

'86 BMW M325i Suit Parts

Hi guys,

An unfortunate end to this project. I bought this off a member with the intention of getting it re-registered/vinned but unfortunately it has failed on major rust and a few mechanical issues.

The rust is in the roof+sunroof, sills, floors, bottom of a-pillars, rear boot tray, rear arches, left rear quarter panel and a few other places - the repair quote was in 5 figure territory. The mechanical issues were spongy brakes (sat for a while in storage), front suspension arms, rear sway bar bushes, battery unsecured, drive shaft rubber, right front wheel bearing, brake lining light, front tyres, steering play and drivers seat play. It was a bit more than I was expecting.

Now for the positives,

1986 M325i UK Import Diamond Schwarz

Approx 150k Miles

Black Recaro leather seats - rear tidy, front average.

Full M tech 1 body kit

Electric mirrors, windows + sunroof

Manual rear blind

Black headlining

Non p/steer or a/c

New brake rotors/pads all round (prev owner)

New heater fan resistor

Healthy M20B25 engine and G260 gearbox, goes very well.

Engine has had a refresh by prev owner, I believe the cambelt/thermostat/oil/filters were done recently - can clarify this again with him.

LSD

14" steel wheels

Please PM for details/offers or to arrange viewing. Pick up from Grenada, Wellington.

I am selling it complete, as is. Open to any offers but for the sake of forum rules lets say I am after around $2500. Would make a great donor car.

Thanks,

Alan

post-2883-0-41817500-1394400667.jpg

post-2883-0-94465300-1394400711.jpg

post-2883-0-95856500-1394400732.jpg

post-2883-0-87019900-1394400744.jpg

post-2883-0-48055400-1394400762.jpg

post-2883-0-66660300-1394400774.jpg

post-2883-0-71069600-1394400787.jpg

Hi Alan,

Is the paint in good nick? Clear coat is not starting to fail etc..

Is she running okay to get over the hill to Masterton? Or does she need to be transported?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,

The paint is pretty good all round, except down one of the c -pillars from memory I think it has some slight clear coat lifting. I'll need to have another look for you - the car is at my parents place.

The engine runs fine, smells a bit fuelly to start with when cold but warms up fine. I would have the car transported, due to its de-registered state and mech issues etc.

Also, forgot to mention - the rear kit, side skirts and rear seats have been removed as the panelbeater was quoting for repair. These will come with the car of course.

Thanks,

Alan

PM'd

I would really love to take this thing of your hands.would make my PFL look sweet, GLWS!

Pretty sure Driftit snapped up the whole car.

I did. It will be up for parts soon. Sent you a PM Craig.

Id like to ask on behalf of a friend about the tech1 kit as well. And then the motor for myself!

What a coincidence you've bought it to our doorstep ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Whoa, hold your horses you parts picking vultures! Dan has forgotten he's going to offer me the whole car for restoration first B)!!

• Like 1

If you're keen for a restoration project I'll swap my tech1 rear bumper for this one. Mine has the towbar section removed, so as a part of your restoration game you can fill it back up.

Sound good? Its in excellent condition otherwise

Edit: lol I'm only 15% serious.

But I'm 15% serious. I'll do cash your way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by tidyverty

Such a shame to see this just parted out. Was hoping somebody was gonna save it in some way.

I'm keen for the rear spoiler if that doesn't go with the kit!

Damn. I knew it would end up like this haha. I haven't even started on the car yet.

The complete Kit is sold though sorry guys.

Once I have the rest of her apart I will get in touch. The running gear in this car is in great condition. I was almost going to swap the motor out of my car for this one.

I should have most of her stripped out this weekend I hope. I will be in touch soon with what I have, condition and price.

Obviously the Engine, Manual conversion and LSD are extremely popular items. I will be needing to move them along quickly once sold and will need to be picked up from Torbay on the North Shore.

Watch this space. Or maybe I will start a new thread.