Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Headlight Aiming

ive got adjustable headlights on my e30.....the only problem is that the wires/tubes things leading from the headlights to the switch have been cut by the goose who had the car before me...the headlights now aim too low....is there anyway to adjust them manually?

Those things never work (in fact I think that they stopped working the first time that the original owner drove it out of the factory).

They are un-repairable too. I recently cut mine too (because I replaced the interior trim under the steering wheel, and couldn't be bothered cutting the hole for the switch/dial). I tried to remove the tubes...but this got too hard without taking the whole dash out.

You should be able to adjust them using the screw/knobs on top of the headlights in the engine bay (I have never had to adjust mine, so hope I am right)

Cheers

I have just read...there are headlight adjusting screws on the back of the headlights. You will need to taking the casing around the headlights off to get to them.

They look to be white, and stick out about 2cms.

Cheers