Sign in to follow this  
Beeker2

Chips for E36 M3

Who knows about this: Group N spec:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-BMW-Motorsport-E36-M3-S50B30-Group-N-race-car-ECU-chip-set-Gr-N-Gruppe-N-/151238118732?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23367e8d4c

On the face value it looks like a simple and cost effective extra few HP ?

PS. Apples with oranges, this is a 3.2 post on Group N chip

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?759585-Dyno-comparison-Group-N-vs-Stock-Siemens-MSS50-DME-of-S50-B32

Edited by Beeker2

I'm sure you need matching cams... well everything I've read indicates so.

Looking at those charts there's a negligible difference, one you couldn't really feel.

BUT - please do this and let us all know! :)

I believe Group N cams are the same except blue printed.

Ring Hans at nzperformancetuning.co.nz

He is the man and will advise on how crappy/waste of time those ebay chips are..... then he'll map your car properly and you'll be bloody happy you did as the performance gains when doing it properly are awesome!!

09-8376252

He is also a bimmersport member and fellow BMW enthusiast :)

Who knows about this: Group N spec:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-BMW-Motorsport-E36-M3-S50B30-Group-N-race-car-ECU-chip-set-Gr-N-Gruppe-N-/151238118732?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23367e8d4c

On the face value it looks like a simple and cost effective extra few HP ?

I'm running that guys 3.0 Group N chips in my race car/DD with stock cams. Good improvement pulls well right through to the higher rev limit. Think the remap of the VANOS is probably more noticeable that HP increase.

At my door in 6 days for $140NZD had it running an hour later.

I bought it because at least its factory BMW so will have some safety factors built in esp for running 4000 - 7500 rpm for 15 minute at a time.

Edited by FRT

No, that would cost more than the chip.

Its Group-N software .. pretty much the best for a standard engine. Lots of people dont tune the VANOS controller so its good to see this is included.

Its Group-N software .. pretty much the best for a standard engine. Lots of people dont tune the VANOS controller so its good to see this is included.

I'm 99% sure i'm gonna order the same. Will dyno before and also after, and it will be interesting to see the 'real' wheel kw changes.

I'm 99% sure i'm gonna order the same. Will dyno before and also after, and it will be interesting to see the 'real' wheel kw changes.

Please post up your results id be keen to see. cheers.