Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

18x8&9 Style5 / bbs rc rebuild

Cheers fullas, yea M3 I spose. Don't know if I can trust them on the missus 46 haha.

Brought some nice new slotted rotors to hide behind them too :D

Right! So now that I have another up and coming project I thought I better get my sh*t together and get these finished!

Spent most of today stripping and cleaning all the terrible condition clear coat off the other 3 wheels and now all ready for sanding, polishing and painting the inner barels gloss black. Unfortunately I'm still out of town most of next week but that should be it for a while so should be able to spend my nights in the garage getting them done. Yay!!!

Cheers, got another hour in today sanding and now that I'm FINALLY!!!! Finished working out of town and I can them finished

• Like 1

when are these going on a car! haha

Well the auto spectacular is the 13th of sept so if we enter again, hopefully we can get a banner this time and my new brakes and springs show up, will try aim to have them done then

I'll sell you the 17x8 style 5s that's are currently on the M3, but not these haha!

Haha i wouldnt sell them if i had them either lol. Can you tell me what i could use to shine and protect the chrome of my rims. Like what products and what tool. Thanks. Want to give the dish a nice shine

If it's already polished like my current style 5s I just use mothers mag wheel polish to restore the shine, use miguires cleaner wax to protect and now have some poor boys wheel wax/sealer to stop road grime and break dust sticking and eating into it. Seems like pretty good stuff

Boom! Panty droppers!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

God damn! Those are cleaner than an OCD sufferers kitchen, one hell of a transformation. Really got me itching to crack into my BBS/ASA Revolutions

What sort of finish do you get back from the lips being skimmed? I have a couple nasty curb rash gouges I need to remove.

What sandpaper grades do you recommend?

Thank god I still have the factory 16's to put back on while I transform mine.

Skimming took all the rash off, but then need to sand all the machining marks out then slowly work your way through the grades to get rid of the sanding marks. Started at 100, then 120, 150, 180 220 then carry on all the way to 2000 then buffing wheel and compound, wheel polish and finish with cleaner wax and seal with poor boys wheel sealer wax. Long ass process!

Wow that sounds like a long drawn out process but so worth it in the end they look amazing. Where abouts did you get the wheels slimmed and what sort of $$ did it sting you?

Got them done at automotion, was about $20 a wheel, depending on how bad thy were

Need the other set finished before I even think about selling, that's if I do, but paid 2k for them, and then tyres on top of that

Probably keep them and use one as a light shade

Edited by euroriffic

Had a bit of spare time the last few nights so almost have another one ready, just needs another good going over with the polishing cone and then a hand buff to finish it off. Halfway there!

And now these have shown up to go behind them

post-5102-0-77488000-1410261702_thumb.jp

So first wheel took almost 20hrs on just sanding to get it ready for machine then hand polishing and tonight managed to bang one out in 2.5hrs! Musta pissed around waaaaayyyy to much on the first. But was a learning curve so think I've got the gist of it now.

Also mate of a mate does amazing polishing work in timaru and has just done one of the non sanded wheels and from the pictures looks pretty good and cheap too so might have to get him to do the machine polishing.

Also looking into getting a clear powder coated on them but awaiting more info.

Not long to go now :D

So!!

They're finally done!!! Well, almost.

Got all 136 gold spikes bolted, torqued, and lock tited up last night after spending the week painting the inside of the barrels.

Just need to figure out what tyre sizes I can run and to glue the polished stainless caps onto the centre caps

Then to start on the style 40's :D

post-5102-0-25420900-1411890440_thumb.jppost-5102-0-43003900-1411890472_thumb.jp

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

You have a set of 40s as well??

f**k I hate you!!

Awesome job on the fives, the gold bolts look a bit mexican for my old man tastes but killer job nonetheless! :D

Yea do look abit like some 100spokes for the old impala, hopefully will look good on something I own!

And yes, do have some 40s, need a good rebuild tho

post-5102-0-51938900-1411892793.jpg

• Like 1

Gah, life can be so unfair sometimes! :)

Keen to see what you do with them, they're looking pretty sad in their current state