Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

New Zealand New BMW E36 M3 Evo Sedans

I'm not saying it's the case with this car but in my personal experience cars get a full re-spray for only a few of reasons:

1. Following extensive damage repair...

2. When the kid with his cap on sideways wants something a little more 'dope'.

3. Full restoration - usually the same colour is used.

I'm not saying it's the case with this car but in my personal experience cars get a full re-spray for only a few of reasons:

1. Following extensive damage repair...

2. When the kid with his cap on sideways wants something a little more 'dope'.

3. Full restoration - usually the same colour is used.

True story:

3rd owner was a woman who purchased the car for her eccentric older Italian husband. They had money. The husband decided he absolutely hated the technoviolet colour (WHYY?~?~) and put down $5,000 to repaint the car. It took 6 months and everything was repainted apart from the engine bay which would have cost another 1k to drop the engine etc. everything else was painted, all glass, lights, interior etc were removed for the respray.

I have a pre Evo Avus blue. And it's the first one I have come across.

Quite interesting info you have there, do you know if we have any Avus Blue E36 Evo in the country? Or how many M3's were brought in with that colour? Cheers

• Like 1

The one smg is now six speed manual as of two months ago.

Looked at this yesterday. Absolutely immaculate and a real tribute to the car. Neil is a great guy to!

The NZ Dakar Yellow example is up for sale:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-721841094.htm

Neil (the current owner) really looks after his cars.

haha Richard,

I went and saw Neil today and checked out his car .. its immaculate! very nice guy and spent lots of money to restore the car to its former glory. suspensions all been redone, vanos all done, interior etc. great example. after all the attention hes getting, hes thinking of keeping it! haha

• Like 1

Pretty sure the one on trademe is now here in Dunedin. The one that Jarred (m3dakar) has

Pretty sure the one on trademe is now here in Dunedin. The one that Jarred (m3dakar) has

Isnt his a 3.0 one?

Isnt his a 3.0 one?

yep 3.0 sadly but its still alot of fun dosnt feel any slower than my friends evo coupe, just ticked over 57000kms, prob one of the lowest km's around???

Sam will have it .. there is a spread sheet he has with quite a bit of this research on it. Will see if I can find it in my email.

Not comprehensive sadly Josh. The list is at 12 pages now :ph34r:

One of the cosmos ones, rego WD7979 is now a racecar.

One of the Byzanz suffered a massive rollover and was rebuilt, the roof was all kinds of funny angles, fairly sure it isn't the one with BLPxxx though (rest easy that member)!

yep 3.0 sadly but its still alot of fun dosnt feel any slower than my friends evo coupe, just ticked over 57000kms, prob one of the lowest km's around???

Nothing to be sad about the 3.0, its a great engine.

That's a pretty damn good looking example. Nice maintenance sheet too.

Woodgrain...  :unsure:

Oi nothing wrong with woodngrain on a sedan. Its real walnut! Saw this car in person when it was for sale in Auckland. Contour wheels freshly refurbished !
  • Like 1

Just found this post. This car it is mine, brought it a few weeks ago. Few little things to sort out but otherwise very happy.

post-420-0-00906000-1427492981_thumb.jpg

Looks great....these are great cars. Had ours 2 years...great fun....especially on the Napier Taupo road!!!

Could we get a meet up some where ?

Edited by Rob HB1

Haha sure. The old girl just hit 290kms and still running strong.

post-51379-14274996588213.jpg

Yep we have just turned over 180km still going strong. Need to do vanos at some stage thou.

Mine is just coming up 195k still in mint condition. I am in auckland would be defn keen to catch up sometime have a look at some others and talk to some other owners.

Yep we have just turned over 180km still going strong. Need to do vanos at some stage thou.

Yep hopefully getting mine done soon. Been putting it off!

Probably should start a new thread but I am interested to know what oil you guys are running in your transmissions and if you have what I think is "drivetrain lash" basically some clunking coming on and off power in lower gears.