Sign in to follow this  
E30nut

E30 318i transmit box playing up

Hey guys, does any one know what it means when ur driving an it feels like ur only getting 1 and 2 gear??? and to get it moving it has to be on 4500RPM or else its got nothing ??..... the reverse wasnt working a couple of weeks... but then it seemed to have sloved its self out. nd now this has started playing up :/....... plz help ????

Sounds like the box is rooted..check fluid level and condition. After that its either off to a trans shop. Or just replacing the trans anyway or going manual

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

fluid looks like sh*t..... :/ and ive never touched it or done a transmit flush on it ???

If its at the point of not shifting all you can do is get somewhere like marshall transmissions to flush it out. Be just as cheap to just put a new auto box in rather than flush it. But may pay to look at a manual swap if you have some skills

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys, does any one know what it means when ur driving an it feels like ur only getting 1 and 2 gear??? and to get it moving it has to be on 4500RPM or else its got nothing ??..... the reverse wasnt working a couple of weeks... but then it seemed to have sloved its self out. nd now this has started playing up :/....... plz help ????

you could drain the fluid , remove the pan and check for clutch friction material in the pan and filter, if you find any;

probably best to convert to manual

have a conversion kit here if you need one

Cheers guys, ill be taking it into auckland automatics for a fluch either tomorrow or monday, and will see how it goes from there, Jon how much for the conversion kit ?? and is it for an M40b18 motor ? and does it come with all the bits n bobs ?

if they find clutch material in the pan, I don't think there is much point in spending $$ replacing the fluid.

Cheers guys, ill be taking it into auckland automatics for a fluch either tomorrow or monday, and will see how it goes from there, Jon how much for the conversion kit ?? and is it for an M40b18 motor ? and does it come with all the bits n bobs ?

if it is a flush, make sure pan is off cleaned and new filter fitted,but pretty sure they will being that they specialize

but prior to that , rather than throwing money at it, check the condition yourself, drain fluid and look for debris , pretty easy

conversion kit for M40B18 , complete with everything, box, flywheel, clutch, driveshaft , crossmember, pedal box, clutch line all bolts,

in addition all kits are blessed with a new master cylinder and slave, included is the spigot support bearing

$750 freight $100 to auckland

JK Southetrn Euro