Sign in to follow this  
zero

ccv valve help

Don't take it the wrong way but you must be the king of misinformation. How will intake cleaning foam or spark plugs fix what is most likely to be leaking stem seals?

It wont i was mearly pointing out another issue. My ccv valve went i did minimal driving before replacement and the sparkplugs looked rooted though they werent all that old. I took the chance to replace them and had much better idle and power afterwards.

As always i agree with a proper diagnosis but was offering advice from my experiance for those who prefer a diy approach however misguided that may be.

May have neglected to mention the spray i was refering to you can use to clean carbon from the cylinders directly. I have seen it used on a 6cyl turbo falcon that had eaten oil with a blown turbo seal. Used nulon cleaner in first three cylinders. Got better compression on those and much better exhaust valve sealing. They removed the head and three cyl were clean as a whistle the others had heaps of carbon build up. Again controversial but i trust the op to make his own decisions.

I would say put the ccv back on and get it properly diagnosed. Apps arent that great at this sort of thing. Have you changed out the plugs since the ccv valve change. possibly try nulon intake foaming cleaner. Sounds weird but it works watch some youtube vids to see how it works

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

New ccv and new ccv hoses have been installed.

The coke bottle oil catcher was just a test to make sure the new ccv and hoses were working.

The plugs were replaced about 2 months ago.

I pulled the first one out recently and it looked clean.

Go to the first post. The valve is f**ked. Do you realise that changing it requires the manifold to be removed ?. Have you worked on a N46 motor ??. If not , please refrain from offering misinformation or unqualified advise. The OP has probably introduced problems with his DIY repairs. I'm quite happy to look, scan and offer advice. O2 sensors don't tolerate oil burning ( high oil consumption for long)

Thanks Glenn, I will give you a call tommorrow.

So, its finally time to do the valve stem seals on this motor.

Its not going to be cheap.

What happened ? Did the steam seal replacement stop the smoking ?

I have the same engine and same issues. 

On 3/13/2021 at 4:21 AM, corvitus said:

Honestly, these engines are not worth spending money on, better to sell it and buy a six cylinder.

I have a thread somewhere where I did a major overhaul including valve stem seals, and it fixed the smoking issue but the engine grenaded itself not much time later when it dropped a valve.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:21 AM, corvitus said: