Sign in to follow this  
SavageXii

M10b18 upgrade

Hey there wanting to know how to stay NA and get around 150 kilowatts, do I need forged pistons and s14 cam? New intake and exhaust fuel pump it has jet tronic but I was wondering if I can put a twin carb side suckers on, or if I should swap it with a m20b25 but I don't know if it'll have enough space in the engine bay or where the oil cooler will fit. And the price I'd be looking at just for parts

is this for your E30? all E30s are the same so yes M20 will bolt in

Ah okay just one has a crossmember and the other doesn't thought It Might be different set up.

Ones pfl ones facelift

Edited by SavageXii

i havent wasted any time with an M10 before so not familiar with them.

you will posibly need to use a prefacelift M20.

when i say they are all the same, all prefacelift bodys are the same, all facelift bodys are the same, but something that works on one may not nesessarily work on the other. the facelift word in terms of E30s is really much much deeper than just a change of bumpers etc like it does on most cars

200hp from an n/a m10 will mean doing everything, cam, high comp pistons, head work, hd valve springs, rocker arms, balancing, twin carbs or aftermarket ecu, bore out to 2L, etc, etc.

I am a fan of the m10, but it is probably cheaper to go bigger in an e30, not too much hassle from what i understand. Having said that, can you get a 200hp m20 without spending any coin on it?

I am just looking into an m10 build and i am hoping to get 150 hp from a 2.0 L, and spending about $1000 all up.

I think m20b25 is 190hp anyway haha,

Wanted to see if anyone has performance parts or kits or can custom make things for a m10b18, otherwise I'll use a m20b25

If you are wanting power it would actually be cheaper to buy an m20b25 than to upgrade cam / webber kit / itb's or whatever you planned on doing on a m10. Just put a 2.5 in it and then do internals later on :) 288 Schrick, valve springs, ECU chip and remap and you're sweet.

Edited by Cab

If you are wanting power it would actually be cheaper to buy an m20b25 than to upgrade cam / webber kit / itb's or whatever you planned on doing on a m10. Just put a 2.5 in it and then do internals later on :) 288 Schrick, valve springs, ECU chip and remap and you're sweet.

What's 288 Schrick and valve springs? I have m20b25 ecu already

Oh it's a cam, Do you need ecu chip and remap for just a new cam?

You can just run the cam, but you will miss out on a lot of the power, and may have driveability issues, rough idle, cold starting etc.

If you are paying for the cam, include the chip in your budgeting. You will need to do it sooner or later if making power is your goal.

M20b25 is 171bhp from factory. You would need to do quite a bit to get that over 200. Headers and exhaust would be quite high up my list as they limit the breathing of the engine.

im doing a m10b18 build on my 87.

waiting to go dyno before I slap all the parts in

-injectors

-fuel pump

-extractors

-exhaust

-electric fan

-new clutch exceddy or pmc

-maybe dual valve springs and titanium retainers if spare cash

dyno again

Edited by jayzrb

M10 is a great motor. With a ton of work Mike Delmont is going back to M10 blocks on his 600hp 2002 Turbo. His car was eating S14 blocks.