m325i

E46 M3

Looks okay. Would personally go black. Maybe will look better with diff wheels as the silver wheels are quite in your face

14.5/100! Gulp. Literally.

Haha I've seen worse. This was from this morning in traffic. Normally average around 16-16.5 tho, this is a fresh reset.

20140519_075437_zps8c678ed1.jpg

• Like 2

Looks okay. Would personally go black. Maybe will look better with diff wheels as the silver wheels are quite in your face

I reckon as-is, the car looks awesome. The kidneys match the side gills & wheels; If you change these black, it'd look out-of-place without changing the rest imo.

Nice looking car ! , If you do go black I'd go with gloss / shadow chrome to match the trim.

In terms of seats the lumber bag can be retrofitted with what looks like largely bolt in. Hardest part appears to be cutting a tidy hole in the area where the control switch fits. Seen these s/hand on ebay from time to time.

Stereo wise , check www.bavsound.com for drop in options. A lot can be said for drop in components (trust me , saves lots of time). Otherwise I'd be inclined to just swap the tweeter and 6x9 subs and still run the HK mids and mid bass.

• Like 1

Not sure about black wheels (at least with the OEM 19s). I love the polished look on them.

I meant black grills not wheels. I think black grills suit any black model bmw regardless of wheel style or colour.

Current wheels look fine as is. Would look silly painted black. I just meant that there is a lot of silver showing due to the design of the wheels

• Like 1

Trying to avoid the whole 'blacked out' look

That 'black chrome' grill has grown on me. Initially I had that worry - it doesn't match all the other silver - but I Think I'll keep it in for the meantime.

Has scared me off visual mods though.... Stock stock stock

Fair enough! Not interested in the led taillights?

How about fluffy dice and a sheepskin seatcover?

Edited by QUBE
  • Like 1

Trying to avoid the whole 'blacked out' look

That 'black chrome' grill has grown on me. Initially I had that worry - it doesn't match all the other silver - but I Think I'll keep it in for the meantime.

Has scared me off visual mods though.... Stock stock stock

On my E46 I plastidipped the bezel black and left the slats/grill chrome. Looked cool (to me :P )

Fair enough! Not interested in the led taillights?

Considering, but can't tell about facelift LED tail lights. It's an obvious update, but they have a tinge of 'Altezza' tail light about them.

Omg i just realized thag t.j. is tristan. Ugh mobile web version ftl

• Like 1

Saw this on the northwestern this afternoon. Grill definitely works with the car :)

• Like 1

Stripped wax, full clay bar, sealer & glaze, wax. Will hopefully keep it crisp over winter....

post-128-0-61113400-1401577923.png

post-128-0-96211500-1401577946.png

• Like 3

119,000km

Some updates; (iphone pics sorry)

• 'CSL flash' [thanks Hell BM & Tom]
  • Subframe reinforcement
  • [service]

DME has the following modifications:
- CSL SMG related shifting maps
- CSL SMG torque ramp up
- Top speed limiter moved to 320km/h
- CSL oil temp warm up lights (so the shift lights disappearing now corresponds with the oil temp warm up)
- Sport mode memory
- Dyno rev limiter 8000rpm

• StormMotorwerks SMG paddles
  • post-128-0-41710300-1414217456.jpg
  • Pilot Super Sports
  • post-128-0-95224700-1414217658.jpg
  • Amber light conversion [rears to be fitted - I won a German amber LED auction, but he won't ship them!]
  • post-128-0-12434700-1414217745.jpg
  • post-128-0-28982900-1414217824.jpg
Edited by Nick G

Being at the beach, the salt air really hurt my paint. It would get wet, bake in the sun, dry with the salt marking the paint, and repeat. A wash and even a hand polish would still leave marks. A crappy detail prior to purchase also left holograms and swirls.

So a paint correction was in order.... I tried to nerd out on research, so ask any questions. Very happy with the results.

Here is a album with some before, during, after shots.

post-128-0-87959600-1422092325.png

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 3

Real nice, are you happy you got all the swirls out with the orbital was looking at one myself, obviously you had to just get a good surface back to start, how many passes with the DA did you do?

As I say great job and well documented

Probably 4-5 section passes with the cutting pad and compound.

Removing the salt damage was harder than removing the swirls. Some bits I had to use a lot of pressure.

(Then 2-3 passes with polish)

• Like 1

///M 'track mode' enabled by Hell BM

Really nice upgrade. I only drive with this or DSC off now.

post-128-0-19244400-1437000742.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 7

Excuse my ignorance but what does ///M track mode do?

Possibly a rhetorical question , but can 02 cars run track mode or do they need the later 03 abs module ?