Sign in to follow this  
tima

E30 Radio, AUX?

Hi,

In my E30 i have the BMW radio thing that makes noise when you put it on 96.6

It has an AUX button, The manual says that i can plug in the latest Compact Disk stacker.

I want to intercept it and use it as AUX for a phone. So bring it to a 3.5mm.

Can it be done?

What do i need to do it?

Cheers

d2d6d9a76240b50be9dafe4bab29e00f.png

probably RCA plugs on the back of the head unit.

not familiar with that headunit you have posted though

I have the same Sony in my E34, really nice unit for its time.

You'll be to remove the unit and probably the cage bracket(which houses the wiring connector at rear). Should be an external RCA plug somewhere, either floating around or taped to the wiring. Chuck on your RCA>3.5mm adapter, run the lead and then you done.

You'll be to remove the unit and probably the cage bracket(which houses the wiring connector at rear). Should be an external RCA plug somewhere, either floating around or taped to the wiring. Chuck on your RCA>3.5mm adapter, run the lead and then you done.

was thinking it was an E34 unit

Right,I can get the head unit out but its little cage it goes into i can seem to remove without damaging the dash. Does anyone know how to remove this cage without taking the whole dash apart?

Right,I can get the head unit out but its little cage it goes into i can seem to remove without damaging the dash. Does anyone know how to remove this cage without taking the whole dash apart?

i think i know what you mean, can you post a picture? usually you need you put a flat blade screw driver in and hook the tabs back outwards etc

If you look inside it you will see 4 tabs holding it in you need to bend out with a screw driver. Then it pulls right out (with a bit of jiggling)

There is a little more than a few tabs holding that in. I feel there is a screw or something holding it firm as it seems to wiggle off one point but nothing points to any screws? Almost took the whole dash for a flying lesson.

Only one screw which is to the right of the connector(missing on yr photos). I didnt have problems getting mine out but different car.

Maybe its caught on some wiring or something

Only one screw which is to the right of the connector(missing on yr photos). I didnt have problems getting mine out but different car.

Maybe its caught on some wiring or something

Wiring wouldn't be that firm?

It feels well stuck. The dash flexes when you wrench on it.

Yeah im not too sure really, you can only go so far with the internet.