Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

E46 Dynavin Clone Navigation system - SOLD

Okay, so I got curious as to how these things work and bought one just to play with ... Then thought to myself that it was sacrilegious to be adding weight when BMW have worked so hard to take it out.

Unit is basically brand new and has only been powered on a hand full of times to test and drive around in.

Works bloody well actually - hands free ... radio ... navigation ect ...

I've not tried playing DVD or CD through it at all so don't ask.

still in car so happy to demonstrate that it works really good.

Has the latest iGo Map (Dec 2013) on SD (It can run both iGo Primo or iGo8 maps ... have both on one SD card - so just use whichever you prefer).

This is a clone system that runs on WinCE 6.0

Has adaptor plugs for both the new and old plugs so will work for all E46s.

Has CAN-Bus thing for the steering wheel controls, although I don't know if these work as I don't have any on my car - I presume so.

Antenna adaptor included also.

Has a remote, but I have never used it.

$500 firm.

IMAG1307_zpsca284417.jpg

IMAG1308_zpsb0b1e226.jpg

IMAG1306_zps2455c2a7.jpg

IMAG1309_zps7614913d.jpg

Edited by M3_Power

That looks cool, if i wasn't selling my car I'd have this. How does it differ from the Dynavin? Was it difficult to fit?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Not to go off topic but when I had my E46 I always wondered how these clones worked out. Good to see someone has hands-on knowledge of them :)

That looks cool, if i wasn't selling my car I'd have this. How does it differ from the Dynavin? Was it difficult to fit?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Not difficult to fit .. .everything is plug and play basically. The kit comes with everything needed for install and for both type of plugs found in the E46.

The hardest part is probably pushing the unit back into the dash really, as you have to place the wires a certain way so it doesn't get caught on what limited room there is behind it. I'd rate it 1/10 for difficulty overall. Oh and pulling the centre vent out ... that was a bit of a bitch.

Not to go off topic but when I had my E46 I always wondered how these clones worked out. Good to see someone has hands-on knowledge of them :)

I have had a play with a genuine Dynavin in an E46 and to be honest there's very difference in my opinion.

I too was surprised how well it works.

I'd be quite keen to check it out - are you based in Aucks?

Yep, east Auckland (botany area) - txt or call 021 281 0155

Oh one more thing, although I am not completely certain about this ... I believe if your car has the Harmon Kardon system, then something needs to be done to have it play through all the speakers or something .... Best to ask someone that knows about car stereos or google about it.

Edited by M3_Power

This will obviously bang straight into an E46, what's the go with my system where I have the BMW Business CD and the aircon controls underneath, how easy is it to shift the aircon panel below taking out that storage compartment..?

This will obviously bang straight into an E46, what's the go with my system where I have the BMW Business CD and the aircon controls underneath, how easy is it to shift the aircon panel below taking out that storage compartment..?

You'll need a navigation relocation console - part number 51167001411

You can technically get away without one, but the climate air control panel won't fit flush and will stick out about 3mm. If you get the newer version climate air control panel, you can technically cut a bit off the console and make it fit as it is a slimmer unit.

But yes, for a factory look finish, you'll need the climate air relocation console unit. Look on ebay, just remember to get RHD ones and not LHD from the USA as they are sided.

Edited by M3_Power