Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

This arsehat..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=707791005

So I bid on this car for the wife to pot around in, put aside some time this morning to bid e.t.c Win it for $3220. I'd booked flights, had the wife go down and get a bank cheque ready to fly up this afternoon. I then phone the seller on the number provided and he advises he was selling on behalf and that he will send my deets to the owner. He does this and I get a text message saying (pic below) :

What's the go with this? Is it worth pursing or?

post-2864-0-30429700-1396321770.jpg

Edited by The Diesel Guy

what a cock, just email trademe, his mate will get his account deleted and you get to go to chch for a laugh?

Look up the TradeMe terms and conditions. I'm sure that when someone puts something up for sale they have to agree to a bunch of legal items which will support your case.

report him to trade me. see if you can get the flights changed or refunded.

small claims court for the flights cost if you can't. (not sure the flight cost but lodging the claim costs $140)

when he doesn't show at your local court, there will be a ruling in your favour.

but I'd say trademe will be taking a stern line on this type of action.

report him to trade me. see if you can get the flights changed or refunded.

small claims court for the flights cost if you can't. (not sure the flight cost but lodging the claim costs $140)

when he doesn't show at your local court, there will be a ruling in your favour.

but I'd say trademe will be taking a stern line on this type of action.

Last minute flights were $179 so it's probably not worth it. It's a bugger because it's a smart looking little car.

Guy with no feedback who joined a mth ago puts up a $1 reserve car auction, i would of made sure that he was legit first.

• Like 2

Guy with no feedback who joined a mth ago puts up a $1 reserve car auction, i would of made sure that he was legit first.

I'd spoken to the trademe account holder lastnight, asked him if I could test drive the car before handing over the bank cheque, he was all good. So pretty safe there..

And now the internet knows his cell ph number too :-)

Sorry ha, thought I better change that!!

I would say you dodged a bullet and leave it at that, 164,000km on a 4 cylinder N42 valvetronic oil and water recycler

Edited by *Glenn*

I would say you dodged a bullet and leave it at that, 164,000km on a 4 cylinder N42 valvetronic oil and water recycler

Yeah but our family owns a testing station and workshop here in Dunedin, I've never paid for a WOF or repairs yet :)

I can go check it out tomorrow after work if you need.

Yeah but our family owns a testing station and workshop here in Dunedin, I've never paid for a WOF or repairs yet :)

You've never owned one of these yet.... Buy 2 & bankrupt the family

I can go check it out tomorrow after work if you need.

Nah thanks anyway but I bought site unseen, any issues with it are my problem should the deal ever go ahead :)

You've never owned one of these yet.... Buy 2 & bankrupt the family

Jeeze are they that bad? Even at 3k?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

They empty wallets quicker than a starving pig emptying a trough full of cream

• Like 1

Ha, be it true or not, the seller's actions were horrendous, and I think that's what the thread was about.

Sucks though, since you'll be in Christchurch anyway you should go and egg his house or something

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yup what glenn said , N42 :puke:

Ha, be it true or not, the seller's actions were horrendous, and I think that's what the thread was about.Sucks though, since you'll be in Christchurch anyway you should go and egg his house or somethingSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ahead of ya. No I didn't get to the airport. The f**ker is living in a 2 million dollar GV house too.

If you have travel insurance through your credit card you should get the flight money back. I'd then let TradeMe deal with the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have travel insurance through your credit card you should get the flight money back. I'd then let TradeMe deal with the seller.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think I do. Their next auction with the car is going to get assholes!

Don't think I do. Their next auction with the car is going to get assholes!

Sounds like fun! (Morally grey fun)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did you read about that guy who texted the complete works of Shakespeare to an eBay seller that ripped him off? Just sayin'...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Legally he must sell you the car as a no reserve auction is enough to satisfy the contractual requirement of offer and acceptance.

Depends how badly you want it... Threatening to go legal could work in your favour, but sadly to get real action wouldn't make economic sense

If ya cant get your money back for the flight just pop over there, take the car for a quick test drive, find a boat ramp and plough it into the ocean, then offer him fifty bucks for it - final offer.

• Like 1

If ya cant get your money back for the flight just pop over there, take the car for a quick test drive, find a boat ramp and plough it into the ocean, then offer him fifty bucks for it - final offer.

Haha. No because then he'd want his $3220.