Sign in to follow this  
ler4_war

What spare wheels do you use for your e90? or alternatives?

What spare wheels do you use for your e90 or any alternatives (Fix a Flat, etc)..?

none. cell phone and a M mobility kit. :)

None at the moment - had to use the AA to tow the car back when my back tyre was punctured on the motorway a few months back

Am looking at buying the M Mobility kit with the next purchase from ECS tuning

Suresh, there are can's of spray goo that you can get from repco & supercheap. Not a permanent fix but could get you home.

something to tide you over until you get the M kit.

Suresh, there are can's of spray goo that you can get from repco & supercheap. Not a permanent fix but could get you home.

something to tide you over until you get the M kit.

ahh sweet will def need to pop down and grab one!

having no spare or jack is pretty annoying!

Modern BMWs riding that old chestnut aye ? BMWs most stupid idea ever not to have a spare designed into a cars inventory

And if you find a space saver wheel with the right stud pattern, make sure the rolling circumference is the same as your other wheels or DSC won't let you drive it over about 30kph

And if you find a space saver wheel with the right stud pattern, make sure the rolling circumference is the same as your other wheels or DSC won't let you drive it over about 30kph

Presumably you can switch DSC off though or will it still have a tantrum?

Learned my lesson last year. Bolt through one of the rears on the m'way. No sealant kit, just a compressor and some gloves. Had to buy a set of rears $600 later through mates rates, as I had no choice but to drive on a flat to where I was going which was luckily only 2kms a way, but runied the tyre in the process.

Bought a genuine AC schnitzer rim and tyre earlier this year and a jack off Ray. I'd rather sacrifice boot space then go through the hassle of trying to repair a puncture on the side of whereeverthef**kiam road or having a towey potentially damage the car even more.

I read on some of the forums that u can use an e46 wheel? Even without spacers or longer nuts. Has anyone tried this? It has all the equivalent specs 5x120, 72.5 bore, except for the offset (e46=47 e90=34). Is 13mm a big difference in offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run flat is the sort of thing that you won't appreciate until it saved you.

It's more expensive, it's a bit harder riding but I need the boot space for the pram, I like the peace of mine my wife won't have to worry about changing tyre in the rain in middle of no where with a baby in the car. So there.

It can be repaired if punctured, $40 at BMW dealer and it's cheaper than some chain tyre store trying to charge me. I was in and out in half hour and get to have a free espresso in the show room!

I know I didn't answer the question, but seriously consider putting the run flat back on if you have factory rims. Otherwise, the M-mobility kit is the mininum requirement. Couple of hundred with the can of goo from dealer I think?

doesnt the M-mobility kit destroys the tyre to the point it cant be repaired?

heard the cheapest way is to get someone to bring you a spare or tow the car

No spare = weight saving exercise plus less cost practical umm from who's point of view. Run flat tyres an answer to the no spare maybe what is the cost via vee believe they are into the 3rd or 4th gene on run flats and the hard ride thing from previous genes has been addressed or not ?.

I haven't had a flat in some 15 years, I know Im lucky but now have an e90 which had the noisemakers disguised as tyres and have replaced them with real tyres, Toyo brand so not the cheapest but not the dearest and have decided that the round town is not a problem for me ( get the guy who sold me the tyres to come and fix a puncture which he's happy to do) but on the open road running I'm not stretching my luck. My son had a hole about the size of 50 cents punched in one of his tyres on of all the places the desert road at about 10 30 pm not too many people keen to help at that time and the ones that do come leave your wallet some $ 650 less taking after hours and trucking the vehicle back to a garage to get a new tyre put on so Im getting one of the E90 space saver tyres and kit with tools and cover from the dealer for $520 I figure it's a better option to sitting in your car waiting for someone to come and help and the tyre pando won't plug the hole. Dont think I would like to take the run flats too far in that condition either. So for me a better option.

• Like 1

Modern BMWs riding that old chestnut aye ? BMWs most stupid idea ever not to have a spare designed into a cars inventory

Only if you decide to not use run-flats.