Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

SOLD: 2000 E39 Motorsport 540i

Thinking of moving on my beautiful 540i to explore other opportunities (an E31!!). Many of you know the car. Those that do will know how much I've spent on the car and how fussy I am. It's in immaculate condition as you can see from the pics. Here's a quick run down of what I've done but feel free to look at my project log and showroom pics for more info:

• 184,000kms (good for many, many more!)
  • Runs like a dream and idles perfectly from cold and it's genuinely quick (you're welcome to cold start test)
  • Paint is immaculate
  • Genuine xenon facelift headlights
  • Genuine AC Schnitzer wing mirrors
  • ACS replica roof spoiler
  • CF front splitters
  • Refurbished black leather interior and m-sport steering wheel
  • De-cat and custom free flow exhaust (vid below for sound!)
  • Most of the trim inside an out has been refurbished or replaced
  • All new door and windscreen seals within the last 12 months
  • Complete double vanos procedure completed (by Ray's team at HellBM) - this was done as preventative maintenance and was a major job
  • All valve cover and upper timing case gaskets and seals replaced at the same time
  • Has had recent smoke test and no vac leaks
  • Transmission has had full service less than 3,000kms ago
  • Oil change when I stripped and powder coated valve covers less than 1,000kms ago
  • AFE dry air filter
  • Emissions (secondary) air pump removed so no cold start noise/issues
  • Brake calipers removed, cleaned and repainted
  • s/s brake lines and race brake fluid
  • Brand new OEM rotors all round and EBC redstuff pads less then 2,000kms ago
  • Pictured with fully refurbished staggered (8.5" front 9.5" rear) 18" BBS RSII wheels - however may sell with staggered 18" deep dish BBS RX 502s
  • Has performance tune and Dinan tuned trans s/w (which makes the auto transmission a LOT more enjoyable)

It has a small oil leak from the rear crankcase seal. I've ordered the parts to repair this and can do it prior to sale or knock a bit off sale price and give the buyer the parts to repair themselves.

The car looks and drives brilliantly. I'm not wholly committed to selling yet as I've invested a lot of time and money into the car but will do it if the offer is righ. Not looking to get what it owes me (because it would be absurdly priced if I did) but think it is worth at least $12K (it's insured for $14K). If you drive it you will not be disappointed and, I know everyone says this, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better one for that price, even with lower kms.

I also have a supercharger kit for the engine that I've not yet installed. Not that keen to sell but may part with it for the right money. Make me an offer for either or both.

11529280003_67b998401e_z.jpg

11529195914_fe541acde9_z.jpg

9230364276_f4e054db48_c.jpg

10506590116_d5651ffa32.jpg

10506620164_5b2964009a.jpg

post-16586-0-59654800-1391217632.jpg

9230360580_bf6a62267e_c.jpg

9227580597_c70278b650_c.jpg

10619336884_dc3f54c091_z.jpg

11046100204_369cdf75f4_z.jpg

12257219293_158b96c968.jpg

12257492774_2efbe35e09.jpg

Exhaust:

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

Bargain alert!

Please offer more for it then as the car I really want is quite a bit more expensive!!

That is yummy and tempting.

• Like 1

=O Why weren't you selling this a couple months ago, would have been all over it!! :P

Nice car, you must have a pretty wicked replacment in sights to want to part with this one. Good luck with the sale, at that price I doubt it'll take you long.

So sexy. Very tempted. Stop it Jooles

Is this still for sale? If so I should probably get your number..

Had four people come to view this weekend and the car was filthy. Those that know me will also know how distressing this was for me. Had to detail yesterday evening to make myself feel better. She's safely back under cover just in case any of those that viewed are reading... Fortunately, I think she may have found a new home (and I may have found something to replace her with).

14140710256_031aea0d71_z.jpg

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

do tell....

Hopefully this... Waiting for final inspections before pressing go. If it's rust-free, it'll be mine. The only downside... No more SIV permits this year so I'll have to wait until 2015 before I can drive it... Arrghh. At least it will give me a few months in the garage to get it perfect for compliance.

post-16586-0-93781100-1399846399.jpeg

I could stare at that thing all day... Hope the inspection goes well for you, that look amazing in that colour too

Edited by rusteee
  • Like 1

Thanks, not counting my chickens... Fortunately, plenty of cheap msport 840s in the UK!

• Like 1

duuuuude.

that's freakin epic lookin!

I'm so jelous! how did you find that??

Online... Sites like pistonheads.com and autotrader.co.uk.

It's not a done deal but the owner's been really helpful (even getting the car on a hoist and photographing every inch of the undercarriage for rust). Will have to sell my car too but have got 3 interested parties now so hopefully won't be a problem (apart from me crying a bit when I hand over the keys).

well you picked it. Love the wheels. love the colour. AND it's got the Msport front end.

You know i'm going to try to steal it right? ... lol.

• Like 1

You know I want to steal your engine to put in it!

knowing now the S62 fits i think has made the e31 even more desirable as I always had questions about the power & reliability of the V12 in these.

Man how epic would a tweeked S62 with manual box go in that 840.

wow. dream car alright.

I hope it works out for you. More 8 series rolling around in NZ the better i say.

• Like 1

Thanks Darren. Fingers crossed as I can't afford a blunder!! I do have a supercharger that will fit neatly into the E31... Not quite the S62 and sadly not manual, but I think any fears about power will be negated!

Id rather have a blown M62 than S62 anyway. Good power and reliability.