Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

Project Schnitzel

dont forget to tell the insurance company you have now you will be going elsewhere if they dont come to the party. You are paying them to be your agent, its thier risk that they dont make a profit from you that in this case hasnt worked out for them.

I used an awesome company - Secure Collections Ltd - to help with this case.

In less than 24 hours, they got the women's Insurance company to contact me and have now got it sorted.. Recognised the voice on the other end of the phone when Insurance rang me.. It was my own broker. Turns out we are with the same broker and Insurance company.. Brokers have been fantastic in this case, insurance company not so much!

Took the video etc in to them today and they have said there is no way Insurance company can wriggle out of paying this one.. Been and gotten a quote from their registered Panel beater so looks like it's all good to go :)

as long as they dont write the car off yep, your not out of that decision yet!

as long as they dont write the car off yep, your not out of that decision yet!

Nah damage is only $2900.. car is insured for $8k, shoud be sweet.

Project update:

Service done this week.. And got a nice list of 'to dos' added after assessing her while up in the air.

Subframe - Jeepers. Scary to think how bad it gets when you have the 'she'll be right' attitude.. So thats on the first things to do.

Booked in at Panel beaters to have the rear end fixed and painted, spoiler fixed and painted, and my front bumper fixed and painted (shes going to look new!)

Shocks are leaking so new shocks. Along with new brake pads..

Rocker cover gasket also needs doing, just a bit of a leakyness.

So she will be getting parked up, and my manual driving skills put to test as Myschf is taken out..

Edited by MISS BM

rockER cover..

Quite an update, a lot of work there.

Sorry did it on my phone and Auto correct didn't like rocker haha!

Yeah, easy have another car as can afford to park up and just dribble funds into it

$40, shipped here in less than a week, cheaper than those on Trade Me :/ Went for high quality or you see yourself paying $15 and the risk of something going off..Boys and their nuts huh.. On a females thread. Perfect �

Where did you get the angel eyes off ebay?

Edited by JoshWhit

Ebay.com.au

Can use search function and will lead you to them normally.

Also Ebay.com

Just search CCFL or LED E46 Angel Eyes

Well after a bit of a run around with the insurance company, finally got my car back!

Not completely finished as parking sensors need doing but I needed the car back as having sold the white one didn't have a spare car just sitting, and insurance are paying for fixing that when I get it done.

Anyways! Got my rear bumper and spoiler fixed, AND my front bumper and skirt! (Which was shocking as hell anyway)

It looks fantastic, love the work done, looks like a new car! And all old damage that was apparent is fixed up with the claim so I sort of killed two birds with one stone..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

And then of course a quick before shot

Posted Image

• Like 4

Looking good!

Just wondering if you have any plans for tail lights?

Might consider a smokey look, but thought clear was okay for now :)

Just ordered the Maintenance parts for her tonight, so hopefully here by next week, will consider it once the underneath of the car is perfecto again

Wow, I just can't keep up with your happenings! Classic.

Anyway, was that a repair or replace job? It looks very good, nice result.

I got my 'facelift' grill for free after a towbar reversed into it, it's a good feeling in the end.

Repair Job - after my Insurance company telling me my car parts were fake ACS.. And of course I know what I drive so contested this by gaining confirmation from ACS in Germany through BMW Nz. Tossers.. None the less, opted for repair as ACS no longer make the parts for E46 and I was not going to be happy with a 'stock' bumper!

Originally my front wasn't going to be fixed, but sent them through the video and they changed their mind very quickly!

Lots of back and forth but finally done!

Clears look fine. Last time i had a e46 coupe with these taillights i tinted the small white blocks that are on the bootlid red with VHT tint spray. Looked heaps cleaner imo!!

Very nice. Hope you have insurance now?

I've always had insurance lol

I just wanted the person who hit me to pay out :)

Even with full cover if someone hits you and runs you have to pay your excess. If you track them down then they pay the excess. Can be 500 to 2500 excess depending on your policy.

For angel eyes I recommend LED as they are more reliable and brighter than CCFL

Well, if you have full insurance and a good record most insurance companies will not charge you an excess or change your no claim "bonus" if you're not at fault, even if they can't find the perp. At least this has been my experience.

My premium went down by $20 a month after this incident.. I did get VERY angry with them and threatened to move.. Could be that...

But yeah, still a potentially higher excess and loss of no claims bonus if you can't find who hit you (I asked)

• Like 1

Cars looking awsome!! Love that colour. My insurance tried to do the same 'its not genuine' parts on my last car when they were going to replace the front kit with some chinese knock off, anything to save a buck. Sometimes good to get a little angry with them hahaha

• Like 1

Its like a mini Christmas!

Got some car parts and took the shipping advantage and got some car care stuff too :D here in less than two days, love ECS!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Righto.

So far we have done

- Subframe Reinforcement

- Rocker Cover Gasket

- Rear Diff Mount

- New Rear shocks

Next

- Brake Pads

- Oil Filter housing minor leak.. Maybe..

- Might change brake fluid so car is track ready.

All thanks to the awesome team at HellBM.

And I was fortunate enough that once the years of caked on dust was removed, to discover ACS did a neat suspension job on my car too - thanks guys, here I thought it was only kitted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

dbe2756ed89188dc62f244357dcbfd06.jpg

I think the ACS styling on your car is better than a lot of their efforts but what were they thinking with the pig nose exhaust and aroused PDC!

PS Orange indicators would look great on this colour.

Edited by jeffbebe

Posted Image

I think the ACS styling on your car is better than a lot of their efforts but what were they thinking with the pig nose exhaust and aroused PDC!

PS Orange indicators would look great on this colour.

Tell me about it / only reason I still have it is because of the fact it's Supersprint and getting a replacement will cost me an arm and leg.

I love my smoked indicators - I have a passionate dislike to orange haha. Outdated :P

Tell me about it / only reason I still have it is because of the fact it's Supersprint and getting a replacement will cost me an arm and leg.

Can you not just cut the tip and replace with a pair of nice chrome tips?