Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

Project Schnitzel

Minor Project, but still a project none the less.

So E46 323Ci AC Schnitzer.

Currently sporting a few minor modifications.

- 19" Hunter Imagine, Staggered Dish rims

- Supersprint Exhaust Evo2 muffler

- Motorsport Front Seats

- Angel Eyes

And I am convinced a form of upgrade, it performs a lot better than your average 323i

Purchased, but to add

- Dynavin Unit (Clone, but no difference really ;)

- Type R, Alpine Speakers

- SPR-60 for the rear

- SPR-60C (Component set)

Planned:

Well, I dug up today to see if it had a stock Amp, and sadly it doesn't (Photo's included) so will have to wire in an amp. I will most likely go with Alpine as well. On that note. - My 4x50watt power from the Dynavin C won't do much with the Alpine Type R's!

I will be installing the speakers/Head unit myself, and can pop a photo thread up if anybody wants to follow. I won't however be adding the amplifier as a rather large job I would rather not stuff up!

The current headlights are Xenon HID Dims, and Halogen Brights/Fog Lights. So, new foglights. The current are worse for wear, I would also like to match the colour to Xenon.. I am clueless when it comes to Headlights, so I apologise for the lack of terminology. Wanting to know if maybe Foglights could be Xenon or LED even? Open to help on this :)

I would like to (still in the debation chamber) convert to manual and upgrade to a 330i.. And then use that as my base engine to progress on. Due to the High K's on the current engine, I am slightly skeptical about putting money into it!

Body/Paint needs a touch up in a few areas (bumper, roof) so will try and source some colour match paint.

Polish of the rims, and look into getting the very few curbs marks out.

I am currently happy with the suspension, smooth ride, but great when I do ask it to whip around corners at a slightly uncomfortable speed.

This is a contiunous list - so things will always be added to it along the way, but for now, just the things listed are on the top of my mind to complete!

Enjoy :)

post-32854-0-77789000-1397460307_thumb.j

• Like 1

Goodies bought today for her. Speakers!

be3ena2y.jpg

Halogen & Xenon..

e6e3upe9.jpg

No amp.. So mission amp attach..

evy5eqe5.jpg

Speakers to go in.

2u6u3avy.jpgedutepe2.jpg

Edit: Well.. That wasn't the product listed.. ;)

u3yha7e3.jpg

Edited by Amber-Leigh

When I read about the 19" rims I was ready to think 'they're going to be too big'. But they look pretty good... :)

Sweet.

• Like 1

When I read about the 19" rims I was ready to think 'they're going to be too big'. But they look pretty good... :)

Sweet.

They do look a lot smaller, possibly due to the lip, but they don't look too big and ride really well :)

• Like 1

Wicked looking car! Colour is awsome too. Nice choice in speakers, are you going to run them through amp aswell?

• Like 1

Wicked looking car! Colour is awsome too. Nice choice in speakers, are you going to run them through amp aswell?

Yes - will do 4 Channel Amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current headlights are Xenon HID Dims, and Halogen Brights/Fog Lights. So, new foglights. The current are worse for wear, I would also like to match the colour to Xenon.. I am clueless when it comes to Headlights, so I apologise for the lack of terminology. Wanting to know if maybe Foglights could be Xenon or LED even? Open to help on this :)

You won't be able to put xenon bulbs in the existing fog lamps (not legally anyway) and LEDs will look okay but won't be much cop if you actually want to use them to see where you're going but will be cheap. Best bet - but also most expensive - will be to source some HID fog assemblies. It's only illegal to fit an HID kit to a lamp not designed for xenons.

Body/Paint needs a touch up in a few areas (bumper, roof) so will try and source some colour match paint.

Unless you're pretty good at this or know someone who can do a decent polish afterwards I'd recommended getting a pro to do it and a full cut and polish. It's quite pricey but you only need to do it once then look after it and you'll have paint that looks new for a long time to come.

• Like 1

Yeah. Happy to spend some money this time around - thank you so much for the insight into the headlights - I am clueless! Will do some research on HID fog lights.

Will see whose out there regarding paint touch ups, its very very minor spots but will discuss with others and go from there.

Thanks for the extra info, highly appreciate it

If the battery is in the boot that's half of the work done right there. If you can replace the headunit and speakers I think you can do the amp too.

• Like 1

So today I spent the afternoon on a rather big job which I wasn't really prepared for.

So pulled the pioneer piece of crap off - and to no guess, the original plugs etc have been cut to work with the Pioneer Unit.

So the mission then turned into finding a donor car that I could hack into.. Lucky Ray had one! Found the right unit with the ability for Can-Bus (steering wheel controls) and took that from the donor car.

Finally, after a long while pulling and prodding, soldered the wires back to the original Bmw adaptor so it could plus straight into the Dynavin C... But after a few hours, it worked. Plus I found some amp/sub wiring already in there! But no amp anywhere...

But the end result before I had to stop to get my child, was a working Dynavin C, and all the fancy this and that working with it, so bluetooth, radio, nav, steering wheel controls etc etc. Very happy!

However, need to pull out bits tomorrow as AirCon unit isn't working.. Loose plug probably.

4eva3evu.jpgjega5y5y.jpge8ezeru7.jpge2asames.jpghe6eveqe.jpg

Edited by Amber-Leigh
  • Like 1

Front speakers today.

Again, someone had been in there and added Alpine Type S. I replaced with my component set. Tweeter fitted perfectly and made the 6.5's fit with adapters included with speakers. Gaff tapped crossover and wiring to door, good as gold :)

Sound great, but horrible rattle with any bass due to being placed in the darn door card - need to test and trial methods to stop rattling - clips to be redone??

Also new fog lights in as old were buggered and coated in a yellow tinge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi, A real pain in the rear when you find a butch job done on your car and hours have to be spent repairing it. In the debating chamber section 330 manual conversion would have a talk to Ray on this one not impossible but is it worth it ( pro's and con's thing). Best of luck with any other mods you intend to do like the colour

• Like 1

Others will know more but applying some sound deadening to your doors may help with the rattle - dynamat etc.

• Like 1

Good work Amber ... looking good. You are much better at pulling stuff apart than some of my male counterparts!!

• Like 1

Aww doing all the things i wish i had done to my e46. Looks awesome!

• Like 1

Any desire to get rid of the Pioneer HU? :) Need one to replace the unit in wifeys car

• Like 1

Any desire to get rid of the Pioneer HU? :) Need one to replace the unit in wifeys car

Yes, flick me a message, all yours if you want it :)

Aww doing all the things i wish i had done to my e46. Looks awesome!

Thanks - a bit of a small project, but love all the work being done!

Good work Amber ... looking good. You are much better at pulling stuff apart than some of my male counterparts!!

I shall take that as a compliment ;)

Others will know more but applying some sound deadening to your doors may help with the rattle - dynamat etc.

I have added some stock padding from other E46 door cards, but will need to add more as still a bit rattly.

Added in rear speakers today - sadly the covers won't fit over due to Alpines typical highly place inbuilt tweeter.. Oh well. Will put that in the debation chamber.

Also late night clean! Haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

First Road trip this weekend...

Went awesome on the nice cruise down, gave her some TLC with a Wash, Polish and Wax, and then sent her for a good spin but before that, we pulled over and (you won't believe your eyes or ears) changed a Bmw E46 tire for the 3 males that couldn't manage it.

You heard right, my tiny feminine self, changed the tire of an E46 328i that 3 males could not achieve.. I promised I wouldn't embarrass them, but this was gold!

Heading home on the Kopu Hikuai Road, and needed to pull over, and parked behind these Shore boys..

Hahahaha, made my day even in the piss rain.

But had a good spin after than, headed off at Mangatawhiri as got stuck in crawling traffic, headed around the back roads before hopping on at Mercer.. Bloody amazing blast! So easy and neat to get around corners.. Would have been a good joy in a manual for sure..

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

What a bloody embarrassment to the male fraternity :blink: Well done on the good samaretan thing. It is usually always the other way around (quite possibly with an ulterior motive though :o )

• Like 1

What a bloody embarrassment to the male fraternity :blink: Well done on the good samaretan thing. It is usually always the other way around (quite possibly with an ulterior motive though :o )

The wrong move was jacking the car up, and then trying to loosen the bolts (which were farken tight to be fair)..

Politely told them to put it back down on the ground and step aside...

^^^^^^ That would have been a crack up to watch from nearby :lol:

Tight wheel nuts - so you had more weetbix for breakfast huh

Edit: Not as tight as the ones on a yank tank SUV on an AA callout on Saturday. Broke (split) my 1/2" drive Stahlwille socket on the bloody thing :( Had to recover it to the workshop to get the wheel off.

Edited by hotwire
  • Like 1

^^^^^^ That would have been a crack up to watch from nearby :lol:

Tight wheel nuts - so you had more weetbix for breakfast huh

There was a traffic jam, everyone was staring at me jumping on the wrench to undo the bolts, and some guy in a Red E36 Coupe (bimmersport member maybe??) rolled down the window and handed us an umbrella! bahahaha.

God, never thought I would see a women do a man's work, let alone me. I think their brains may have been on holiday.....

• Like 1

Maybe they had the ulterior motive....

• Like 1

Man badges revoked haha, did they at least protest being upstaged at all?