Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

Project Schnitzel

Man badges revoked haha, did they at least protest being upstaged at all?

My passenger told them I was a Bmw girl and to ask me for help, and so they did.. She too, was clueless.

At first, they got me to check their tire was actually f**ked (it was indeed, a whole massive stripped peeled back to the wire on the inside) and asked if they had to change it.. Ahh yes fella's, that generally requires a new tire :D

When was there a special way to change a bmw tire?... Thought that came with the common sense you learn in life and is standard for ALL brands of car haha.

Edit: Not as tight as the ones on a yank tank SUV on an AA callout on Saturday. Broke (split) my 1/2" drive Stahlwille socket on the bloody thing :( Had to recover it to the workshop to get the wheel off.

Holy crap. That's the first time I've ever heard of a Stahlwille cracking! Bad luck man, hope you're billing the boss for the replacement

Holy crap. That's the first time I've ever heard of a Stahlwille cracking! Bad luck man, hope you're billing the boss for the replacement

Yep me too. Or mine anyway. That & some of them have had a hard time over the years.

Have to admit though - I did have that kiwi addition extension on the end :o That said - no more than any other time I have needed to.

Yep need to charge someone, those things not cheap to replace...

All this happened after the owner had previously tried & broken(split as well) the OEM wrench - then called the AA

Yep me too. Or mine anyway. That & some of them have had a hard time over the years.

Have to admit though - I did have that kiwi addition extension on the end :o That said - no more than any other time I have needed to.

Yep need to charge someone, those things not cheap to replace...

All this happened after the owner had previously tried & broken(split as well) the OEM wrench - then called the AA

Cold chisel & 3lb mallet deal with those problems rather nicely ;) Does make me wonder why so many people insist on overtorquing wheel nuts when that is the outcome.............

Aplolgies to OP for thread hijacking

Angel Eyes are ordered and on their way from overseas and White 5500k 9006/HB4 Bulbs for foglights ordered and should be here in the next couple of days.

I have Xenon Low Beams, so will probably go through and look for White H7 Halogen for Highbeams, but at present, they can stay the same as I only drive with Fogs/Angel Eyes and then Lowbeams at night. Sorted :D

Next up is Bushes.. yipee...

Some sound improvements to be done.. :D

Posted Image

Its official now. This Baby will be hard to miss!

Posted Image

I have a 2ft long breaker bar and 3 17mm sockets in my boot. I learnt the hard way after splitting the factory brace. On a latter occasion I split a socket, hence backups. Not sure why my studs seize up, but anyway, I digress. Schnitzel is looking good Miss BM!

• Like 1

should have purchased this instead :P

bb5afe7b0771468871f0e4e908c82d21.png

793738c71aab614bf96c9247d02b26b3.png

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

should have purchased this instead :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hahaha!

Sadly, I don't think everyone would get it :P

On and ready to go out. Nooo I did not use Wash World, was waiting for a mate to finish his car there haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saw the plate from a mile away on the motorway this morning! Hard to miss. 

Looked pretty good from what I saw! (was heading the other way)

Woohoo! highlight of the day haha :D

Sent from my KM-UQM11A using Tapatalk

Cracked a Stahlwille 1/2" on my e36 caliper carrier bolt. Nothing is more devastating. Especially because it feels like you've just loosened the bolt.

• Like 1

Cracked a Stahlwille 1/2" on my e36 caliper carrier bolt. Nothing is more devastating. Especially because it feels like you've just loosened the bolt.

Well, that makes two that I've heard of. Best I've managed so far is splitting the carrier pin on a 750mm breaker bar trying to loosen the hub nut on an old turbo Startlet. End result was a large bump and a couple grazes from where I used my head to break my fall. :unsure:

• Like 2

Used my old mans 1\2 Stahlwille with an extension pipe on my M30 crank nut, handled it no worries. The best part is he found it on the side of the road in the 80's, so owes him nothing if it breaks,

• Like 1

Well.. Interesting thread we have going.. Lol

Angel eyes and 5500k fogs in. Decided to get white fogs..

I did it by taking out the whole unit (I know you don't need too, but I found it a tad easier for wiring through the black rubber glove and Access..

Anywho

Process pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

$40, shipped here in less than a week, cheaper than those on Trade Me :/ Went for high quality or you see yourself paying $15 and the risk of something going off..

Boys and their nuts huh.. On a females thread. Perfect