Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

BMW 9 Series Previewed in Vision Future Luxury Concept

BMW 9 Series Concept.

bmw-vision-future-luxury-concept-02.jpg

Source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/04/bmw-9-series-previewed-vision-future-luxury-concept.html

Is there a place in the market for an ever larger sedan than the BMW 7 Series?

The German automaker has unveiled the Vision Future Luxury concept, hinting that a 9 Series could become a possibility if the affluent demand it. According to BMW, the Vision Future Luxury concept “epitomises the notion of modern luxury for the BMW brand.”

Essentially, the concept shows a long-term outlook on how BMW is perceiving the modern luxury market and potentially a new range-topping model. It draws heavy influence from the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe that debuted at the Villa d’Este nearly a year ago, except this time it’s sporting four doors and is clearly a rather large vehicle with plenty of space in the rear.

SEE ALSO: BMW 9 Series Concept Rumored for Beijing

Since it’s a concept car, BMW also took the opportunity to pack it with tons of next-generation tech such as a new head-up display, a detachable Touch Command Tablet and BMW Laserlight in the front.

“Innovative technology and modern luxury have always been an important part of BMW’s brand DNA,” said Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design. “We use visionary concept vehicles like the BMW Vision Future Luxury to show where we may be going with these themes in the future, and to give us new inspiration and motivation. The BMW Vision Future Luxury – with its innovative technologies and with meticulous precision and quality in every detail – takes our thinking on modern luxury a logical stage further.”

I hope this would mean that they would approve an M7, with the 9 taking over luxo barge duties.

M7? Why.. ?

I'd think BMW engineers' minds could go towards something more useful (or interesting). I don't see why you'd need more power from a luxury sedan when the 740i's are producing 450nm, the 760i's producing 750nm and then everything in between. It's not like we have Autobahns.

Edited by TJ*
  • Like 1

I quite like it, can't imagine I'd ever need a car that big but looks the business

M7? Why.. ?

I'd think BMW engineers' minds could go towards something more useful (or interesting). I don't see why you'd need more power from a luxury sedan when the 740i's are producing 450nm, the 760i's producing 750nm and then everything in between. It's not like we have Autobahns.

You dont need 95% of the equipment and features in a modern 7 Series. Its all weight though. Tech is just getting so stupid now they have had to make an even bigger car to fit all that crap in, which means a bigger engine to pull it.

• Like 1

M7? Why.. ?

If they think they could sell them, they'd make it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do make one to take on the S65 AMG. Nobody NEEDS a car like that, but plenty of people want it.

I mean, they made the M SUV's...

First thought was it looks like a jaaaag

• Like 2

I'm not sure I see the logic in diversifying the offerings so much. So now we have a 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, plus three variants of the X. And the Z. And the hybrids.

Why not bring back the 8 and let that occupy the luxo-barge coupe space.

That negative pressure duct below the tail light looks like a badly repaired cleft lip. Just sayin' :blink:

• Like 1

I'm not sure I see the logic in diversifying the offerings so much. So now we have a 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, plus three variants of the X. And the Z. And the hybrids.

Why not bring back the 8 and let that occupy the luxo-barge coupe space.

That negative pressure duct below the tail light looks like a badly repaired cleft lip. Just sayin' :blink:

and the 2 series

and the i series

They are doing what MB and Audi have done for ages it seems.

and the Japanese. Its all about mass market appeal, generic looks and built to a cost these days.

There's a 2??!! Christ, what rock have I been under? I'm also assuming the i is the hybrid? Or is there yet another series that I've totally missed

First thought was it looks like a jaaaag

Do you know what? I've forgotten my wallet...