Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

Best Backdrops around Auckland

Planning a shoot with my car before the summer light gives up.. And the question that remains is the best backdrop for the job..

I fail in the general ability of knowing anything about Auckland, so those who are photographers/have taken photo's of their car or had photo's taken, could you possibly share your insight into possible locations around Auckland that would be recommended for a great car shoot. It's not going to be an iphone job, but a professional one so need the backdrop to really look the part :)

Thanks in advance and apologies for the rather off-topic question.

• Like 1

Try just across the shore under the bridge there is a nice spot with the city in the background. Can get some good shots with the right flash and a tripod on long exposure to get the city lights

• Like 1

Guess what we should do this weekend Kendrick

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is this the start of a Bimmersport photoshoot meet?

if so im down!

keen to get some nice pics of the E30 ive been meaning to go out by my self for ages but dont have the self motivation to get the tripod out etc by my self haha

• Like 1

Right out the end of Halsey Street Warf.

Works both at night and during the day. City as a background. Plenty of space.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Halsey+St+Wharf/@-36.840466,174.7602322,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d0d47f6497e405f:0x368e00c6655a36a9

Edited by driftit
  • Like 1

Is this the start of a Bimmersport photoshoot meet?

if so im down!

keen to get some nice pics of the E30 ive been meaning to go out by my self for ages but dont have the self motivation to get the tripod out etc by my self haha

Haha that's a good idea.. A Photoshoot meet.. I have a few mates that are 'freelance' photographers that I could drag along..

Try just across the shore under the bridge there is a nice spot with the city in the background. Can get some good shots with the right flash and a tripod on long exposure to get the city lights

The Northcote area or West Haven area? I have personally been to both, the Northcote for a quick car shot with a friend, didn't work too bad considering it was a phone job :)

The Northcote area or West Haven area? I have personally been to both, the Northcote for a quick car shot with a friend, didn't work too bad considering it was a phone job :)

northcote point right at the very end near the wharf!

Just foolishly got myself some BBS RS's. Let's schedule a quick photoshoot sat/sun? Down as

Edit:

I'll ask my other cab buddies. One of them is keen already, so we got at least 2.

Don't wanna crowd the place up though

Edited by tidyverty
  • Like 1

Just foolishly got myself some BBS RS's. Let's schedule a quick photoshoot sat/sun? Down as

I'm just waiting on Angel Eyes, HB4 White Bulbs for Foglights and something else - then I was planning to do it. Can organise a bigger date if enough interested...

• Like 1

I have all the professional photography equipment required. The only thing I dont have are remote flashes and an adaptor if we wanted to create some decent lighting. I only have a 380ex camera mounted flash, or perhaps I can borrow a single 580ex flash. if you want to make this legit, we would want a few remote flashes and some decent reflectors .. but even with the on camera flashes, it should be alright .. if it is in the daytime, we'll be fine.

• Like 1

If you guys/girls decide on somewhere out south auckland ways let me know :-)

• Like 1

Skids are always a good backdrop

Can't argue with that one brother.

I always thought Fort lane (off fort st) in the CBD makes a reasonable industrial/ghetto looking backdrop if a nice car was in the frame. Dead empty weeknights too, even when Imperial lane is open. Actually quite an amazing space for a cafe too but sits practically unused.

• Like 1

MissBM naybe start a thread with a poll on a date everyone can make?

MissBM naybe start a thread with a poll on a date everyone can make?

Will create poll on existing thread for meet :)

Just need to get on laptop.