Sign in to follow this  
mivtec

E90 320i question

Hey, Been a while since Ive been on here, went Toyota, now Mazda :mellow: and now contemplating changing my current car to a E90.

Just a quick question - I saw somewhere online that the 320i E90 had two different engines - one around 150hp and the other 170(ish) and that the 170HP one came out in 2009? is this the case? I would like a 323i or 325i but don't want the fuel bill (read online around 12L per 100km). Not a biggy for most, but I do around 1000km per week.

Test drove a 320d and love it - but would only buy a diesel if it was near new, its on the wish list!

If all the imported 320i's are only 150hp I dont think I will go there - had a 318is years ago and found it was quite gutless. Another option is to always jump to the Audi 2.0T or 1.8T - but i'd rather the BMW!

You'd be better off buying a 320d :P

the 320d will get half of that economy and probably be twice as fast.

Just get a good NZ New one.

• Like 1

Personally, i would go or the 6 cyl every day of the week. Fuel consumption wont be 12l/100km unless you sit in traffic 90% of the time. Even my E46 330 was better than 11 in traffc and got down as low as 7.4 on the open road. At 1000km/week i would expect around 8l/100km from a 330 & probably similar with a 320.

I actually own an E90 320D & while it goes well, the E90 is a cheaply built car compared to the E46.

• Like 1

At those ks per week my money would be with a 320d. The 320i in auto form don't go that well IMO.

Also, 12l /100km? My e39 528 gets 10.9 in a mixed cycle. And that's a fuelly calc. Not an obc calc

My 2.5 with Vanos is doing 9.5L/100km mixed driving, an M52 also. I am sure newer engines will be much more efficient. Spice it up a little and go with a few more horses :)

buy Pauls 120d Manual and call it a day. (its in the for sale section)

320i E90 can be great cars, alot more pull than most people think, everyone is still stuck in the past with E36/46 320i, yes they were gutless but the newer ones are not bad at all. Consumption aound 9ish.

F30 320i is better again but it is turbo.....

320i E90 can be great cars, alot more pull than most people think, everyone is still stuck in the past with E36/46 320i, yes they were gutless but the newer ones are not bad at all. Consumption aound 9ish.

E30, E36, E46 320i's were amongst the hungriest of their lineups, but without the power of the bigger engines. Has that improved?