Sign in to follow this  
d.p.n.s

e34 touring

so I finally found a touring wanted to swap my old l200 for one ....really wanted an e30 or next best was a e34....so long story short couldn't swap my ute..someone bought it . I seen this e34 advertised and was happy to pay the money he wanted but someone got in first and started bidding on it.so I had to wait till the end and have a bid myself ......luck thing I did cos I got it for bugger all and hole heap cheaper then what I was origanl going to pay.

e34 520i touring

wof/reg till august

just had a full service.

ou94.jpg

g00g.jpg

5c3w.jpg

4gb0.jpg

came with will log book and owners manaual , full tool kit ,

Good buy. Also had this on my watchlist and it went for an absolute steal.

Good buy. Also had this on my watchlist and it went for an absolute steal.

yeah man almost half of what I was going to pay for it....sold my ute for bugger all bought this and still had a grand left over..

i took it for a AA inspection to see if there was any issues that i could fix now.

not 1 thing wrong with it.

there is 1 thing that strange and that's that i have more room (driving position ) in the e30 than i do in this.

im 6.3 about 125kgs and its a wee bit cramped were as the e30 i have the seat 1 click away from all the way back.

i am 6.3 my e34 had heaps of room to push seat back further, sunroof made headroom just right

i am 6.3 my e34 had heaps of room to push seat back further, sunroof made headroom just right

seats all the way back. might take it out and have a look ay it.

seats all the way back. might take it out and have a look ay it.

electric seats dont go as low as manual seats

and there is more lean and lower down options with the sport seats than the std flat seats. also check the rails are clear of junk

electric seats dont go as low as manual seats

and there is more lean and lower down options with the sport seats than the std flat seats. also check the rails are clear of junk

will have a look tomorrow ...these are not electric seat

Didnt realise sports seats were different in adjustments, i had sports seats

good buy, the B20 engine goes straight in the bin and put a B25 in there, the B20 is wayy to underpowered for a car this size, i get about the same economy with my V12 swap as i did when it was a B20

will have a look tomorrow ...these are not electric seat

push the back lever down to adjust the height (also makes it go backwards a bit)

good buy, the B20 engine goes straight in the bin and put a B25 in there, the B20 is wayy to underpowered for a car this size, i get about the same economy with my V12 swap as i did when it was a B20

na fit the M52b28 engine :) , did one with a guys 520i next door , goes really well now after a remap and m50b25 manifold , m52b28 maf etc

push the back lever down to adjust the height (also makes it go backwards a bit)

you sir are a legend ...pushed that back leaver down and boom heaps of room.even had to move it forward a tad.

thanks for that.

you sir are a legend ...pushed that back leaver down and boom heaps of room.even had to move it forward a tad.

thanks for that.

your welcome , its even in your owners manual =)

thanks for that.

yeah mine is one or two clicks forward of all the way back and i am 6,3. Way more room than an E30, all the way back is still not far enough lol

andy are you running 17s on yours with coil overs?

I do like how low yours is but I think for ease and no cert I may just go lowered springs and maybe 18s

is the m50b25 a straight swap? aprt from the motor what else do I need.

i.e ecu.afm?

andy are you running 17s on yours with coil overs?

I do like how low yours is but I think for ease and no cert I may just go lowered springs and maybe 18s

Yep sure am.

You are very welcome to take mine for a drive if you are in wellington. For the most part its like driving one at stock ride height, the spongy seats and long wheel base help with that. Just certain bumps you need to be careful of, try to avoid man hole covers etc. you get used to driving a lowered car pretty quickly.

is the m50b25 a straight swap? aprt from the motor what else do I need.

i.e ecu.afm?

Yes, use a complete engine. the B20 use different intake/afm etc.

best to just get a complete one from an E36, and then swap your E34 (B20) sump, oil pickup, dipstick and tube, and mounting arms onto it. then its all drop in from there, and should just plug it in and go, shouldn't be any special wiring etc. You will probably need to buy a new E34 B25 intake tube, thats probably the only thing

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Yes, use a complete engine. the B20 use different intake/afm etc.

best to just get a complete one from an E36, and then swap your E34 (B20) sump, oil pickup, dipstick and tube, and mounting arms onto it. then its all drop in from there, and should just plug it in and go, shouldn't be any special wiring etc. You will probably need to buy a new E34 B25 intake tube, thats probably the only thing

cheers for that mate

ive got a mate that's got 3 e34 535i and he wants be do some work on one of them and instead of money I can help myself to the parts i need to do the swap from the one has that got shunted up the arse.....only 156ooo ks to .

so would I need the ecu aswell?

Edited by d.p.n.s

Yep sure am.

You are very welcome to take mine for a drive if you are in wellington. For the most part its like driving one at stock ride height, the spongy seats and long wheel base help with that. Just certain bumps you need to be careful of, try to avoid man hole covers etc. you get used to driving a lowered car pretty quickly.

I was thinking about just lowering the springs and maybe 17s or 18s don't really want to go the full coil overs just something

cooler than how it is now... don't really need wild .....I have my e30 for that.

Edited by d.p.n.s

cheers for that mate

ive got a mate that's got 3 e34 535i and he wants be do some work on one of them and instead of money I can help myself to the parts i need to do the swap from the one has that got shunted up the arse.....only 156ooo ks to .

so would I need the ecu aswell?

535 is a m30 b35

Edited by kiwi535

Sorry ment 525i

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

got some issues with the tail gate.

pretty much nothing works. cant open the rear window...and no rear wiper .

pulled the panel off and everything seem to be fine. checked with the multi meter and no power

so im thinking it must be the wiring loom.

anyone had the same problem?

think I might just check were it goes from the body to hatch.and hopfully just solder up some wires.