Sign in to follow this  
fhall

E30 number 5

So at the start of this year I decided to sell my 4th E30 and go for something different. So I bought a B6 Audi A4. Nice car to drive smooth etc but with the old man having his E30 I wanted another one. So I bought myself one that had a stuffed motor and I've decided to put a 1800 with a motor with a manual box in it. I know you guys will scoff at the idea of a 4 cylinder In an E30 but I have never had one and want to give it a go. Car is getting a full paint in a Lexus colour called Liquid Platinum. With be putting adjustable suspension in and 16 inch rims nice wide ones. I really don't like tech II kits so not going down that track. I will look for some side skirts, get an IS lip from hans. I need some help when it comes to the back. Does anyone know if you can get a rear apron to go over the existing valance to make it look nicer? Anyway please give me advice and ideas. Here's the pics so far. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Washing is dry!

Nice, will be watching this, i can reconend BC gold adjustable suspension. Get the low you want and drives great, even on crappy chch roads.

Just put mine in this weekend, really happy with them, will post pics tomorrow on my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

need a complete kit if you want to rock a rear apron imo.

but ac schnitzel do a good one, or maybe hartge reiger alpina kamai bbs etc depending what is up your alley

Quick update. Got the engine bay all painted the new colour. It's a Lexus colour from their 2014 IS range called liquid platinum. It's a grey silver. Motor and gearbox in next and all the engine bay complete. Then doors off to paint inside door jams etc before putting them on and painting the outside Posted ImagePosted Image

Bought the new motor and got it all cleaned up. New waterpump and all the usual sort of things I have done. Taken the viscus fan off and fitted an electric fan in front of the radiator to give me more room in the engine bay. Pics of cosmetic things done to the motor. Before and after

Posted ImagePosted Image

Looking good man, Im interested to see how the colour turns out

Looking good man, Im interested to see how the colour turns out

Cheers man. It's going to be interesting.. Could go either way I think.

looking really nice man, i think the colour will come out mint! look forward to the finish photos

looking really nice man, i think the colour will come out mint! look forward to the finish photos

Cheers mate. I look forward to them too. Will keep posting pictures.

Whats that engine? Sorry im a bmw noob

Whats that engine? Sorry im a bmw noob

M40B18

So I got the motor and box in. Here's a photo of it all sitting in place Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted Image

Been a while since an update. Haven't been able to get much done with family visiting etc but I've got the door jams painted, under bonnet and inside boot. Will rehang doors this week. Some pics of before and after Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

So these are the rims I've bought 16x9 with et 15.

Just need to sort some sort of suspension out. It currently has king super lows. Would they work well with koni adjustable shocks. I need some help as to a good set up with using what I have. Cheers

post-17840-0-54386300-1401963773.png