Sign in to follow this  
Racer Rog

E39 Touring

A couple of questions, back into Beemers, brought a 97 528 E39, appears to go ok, not much off the line but cruises well on a trip very comfortable, but.. the LCD screen had a fault, and would go out every no and again (Roads around ChCh like goat tracks) now it has gone out full stop I pulled it out to see if any connections were dirty, and what had power and what didn't, could find one feed? and one thgat switched with lighting, I would have thought there may have been a signal to switch it on? don't know, radio every thing else still works just can't see display the unit is BMW 6552-8369 563, Phillips 3112 528 53132, I pluged a screen from a E46 and nothing happened so don't know if the unit is stuffed, or there is another problem, any answers?

Moderator edited: Illegal software requests not allowed sorry.

Not something like a loose fuse with all the vibration from sh*t roads?

I have tried all Known fuses, plus a few that were not,

Roger

Have a look in the boot, there should be the TV / RADIO / NAV control boxes. After disconnected the TV control mox in mine, the tv went out. It should be located either by the rear amplifier, or just above the spare tyre, kind of under the floor directly behind the rear seats.