Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

This E65

That 745 badge looks oddly placed.

Could the Airbag light be on due to the kid seat in the back with the belt unplugged?

Tyres won't be cheap.

Clinton... are you a glutton for punishment?

Definetley. Owning a 7 can't be as bad as marriage though?

My brother has an e66 & it is awesome & the costs are no different than most beemers

Both he & I have owned several e38s with no major dramas

So.....glutton for punishment?..... Rubbish!!

That is ridiculously cheap if it checks out

Edited by 1rotty

Hmm, have asked for pictures on the car's status screen, saying now he doesn't have a camera.

I'm going to buy this car if it checks out on the status screens and drives ok and I can view the WOF sheet, all of which I asked for a few days ago :(

My brother has an e66 & it is awesome & the costs are no different than most beemers

Both he & I have owned several e38s with no major dramas

So.....glutton for punishment?..... Rubbish!!

That is ridiculously cheap if it checks out

They can potentially cost sh*t loads on repairs, have seen a few that have. I would say the potential costs are higher than many BMW's - the E38 a much simpler vehicle, & probably more reliable. This said, I know one in particular that was very reliable for it's owner - ex Singapore as well

They can potentially cost sh*t loads on repairs, have seen a few that have. I would say the potential costs are higher than many BMW's - the E38 a much simpler vehicle, & probably more reliable. This said, I know one in particular that was very reliable for it's owner - ex Singapore as well

Luck of the draw ya reckon. Well I'm sitting in the Christchurch airport waiting to fly up and drive the car back tonight.

Waiting for the lol's

Picked it up. All good, never driven anything so smooth but gets off its ass when needed. Navigation is brilliant.

Didn't realise it was in Wellington!!

When are you going back to the South Island? Seems that you're happy with the car.

At that price you might have made up for that other sh*tter you bought!

At that price you might have made up for that other sh*tter you bought!

Yeah only has the one issue that I knew about which is the occupancy sensor. Tyres seem fine to me. Ya can't even get a 200kms 2003 corolla for 6k lol

Didn't realise it was in Wellington!! When are you going back to the South Island? Seems that you're happy with the car.

Tomorrow on the 8am ferry. Staying at a mates in Porirua. Edited by The Diesel Guy

Sounds like a steal then!

So far touch wood..

Gave it the jandal from a standstill and yeah, it ain't slow. Averaging 9.6l

The German land-barge has been docked at port. Yeah, you just about need your captain's ticket to drive it. Absolutely no issues driving it down. Confirmed that it's the sensor mat, ordered ex Germany for $250. Tyre turned out to be ok! Looked into the service booklet. Serviced ontime or before required every time at JG BMW.

This is the bitch after a quick spray and wipe.

post-2864-0-30153100-1399599067_thumb.jp

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Good score. Risky buying unseen with issues, but looks like itll work out for you. The E65 look great, would really like to own one but nowhere to drive it in Wellington without taking out wing mirrors everywhere.

9.6l from a V8 2 tonne + lump of steel is bloody impressive, no matter which way you look at it.

And if it ever bricks itself you'll make a mint selling the wheels & engine :)

9.6l from a V8 2 tonne + lump of steel is bloody impressive, no matter which way you look at it.

And if it ever bricks itself you'll make a mint selling the wheels & engine :)

It's exactly the way I'm looking at it. The Nav, towbar, interior all those things add up if I had to part it out. So far though, no issues. The WOF inspection yesterday failed on a tyre only, the fault code was cleared yesterday morning with the airbag fault and has remained gone since. When it was plugged in there were no other faults bar the PDC or something. Dare I say it, but a NZ New car with FSH as a pose to a Singapore import must be better?

and at that mileage you can bet the valve stem seals have been done too, which is a bonus, common on that motor

you shouda come and taken the 120d for a spin! 9.6l 100 k impressive for a 745!

you shouda come and taken the 120d for a spin! 9.6l 100 k impressive for a 745!

By the time I'd gotten home it's around 8.5 but back up to 12-13 now around town and the Dunedin hills!

Yes the hills knock the economy for six I bet I would be in the fives if I didnt live in the hills.