Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Ctek installation in E87

Since the battery is at the boot, it seemed that I can install the Ctek connector somewhere in the engine bay.

Just wondering whether anyone out there knows how to install that correctly?

In the attached file I have marked the -ve and +ve points, need to confirm whether they are right. Also which of te two bolts I should use to connect the +ve lead?

post-38-0-84615100-1399273183.jpg

It doesn't really matter which positive point you wire it to. The point you've highlighted on the right is where the main power cable pops up after it's been run along the underside of the car. The two points you are talking about in the red circle you've highlighted on the right are both directly wired to this cable. The fat one goes to the starter motor/alternator and the thinner one goes to the DME engine control unit. But they both run back to the battery so either will be fine I'd assume. Id probably wire it to the 13mm one though (alternator/starter feed) as you can't really go wrong with that one!

Thanks! Useful to know which one which is.

I used the smaller bolt (DME) for the +ve connection mostly because the Ctek's terminal is too small for the other one. Been charging overnight and will keep it charged to get a healthier battery.