Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Cheap E39 M5

rego lapsed so just been revinned (duh face plant)

why do people do this , costs nothing to put the reg on hold can even do this online

• Like 1

Looks like a good fixer upper.

5w40 is not the proper grade for the early s62's. Maybe the excessive oil consumption has scared the owner in to selling?

low(ish) k's but man it's has a rough life.

looks like it's been used as a getaway car....

is it this car?

Seems to me you'd be better off buying one in decent condition for not much more.

Seems to me you'd be better off buying one in decent condition for not much more.

Strikes me that, if it checks out, you'd be unlikely to find one with lower kms. If the engine is good and low kms it's worth spending a bit on the outside. Dave got close to $30K for his with 25K kms more on the clock but in better condition. Don't reckon it would cost $8K to get the exterior ship shape if the rest is good.

• Like 1

Strikes me that, if it checks out, you'd be unlikely to find one with lower kms. If the engine is good and low kms it's worth spending a bit on the outside. Dave got close to $30K for his with 25K kms more on the clock but in better condition. Don't reckon it would cost $8K to get the exterior ship shape if the rest is good.

More practical than an 8 Series Jules........
  • Like 1

Even better for an E31....

04.jpg

OMG.........

OMG OMG OMG

• Like 1

Dam .. was my secret find a while back haha .. Seemed the guy was over seas or just stopped using it. at the time. When I was keen for Style 62's was gonna ask as it was pretty much spider webbed up and rotting.

More practical than an 8 Series Jules........

Seriously considering it if it checks out. I'm sure I won't be alone though...

Dam .. was my secret find a while back haha .. Seemed the guy was over seas or just stopped using it. at the time. When I was keen for Style 62's was gonna ask as it was pretty much spider webbed up and rotting.

Wasn't it on trademe a while ago with the owner saying they are going overseas?

Alot of if's. Its obviously been neglected(hopefully only body) and the low k's may or may not be a good thing. No doubt a proper inspection will give a better idea.

I don't like the colour personally.

I don't like the colour personally.

Me either... But then all those bumps and scrapes would be a great excuse to paint it.

Wasn't it on trademe a while ago with the owner saying they are going overseas?

Nah that one was a different one, had higher kms.

The one linked in this thread is actually a 2000 model.

Had a quick look at this one with Martin... Exterior okay but engine sounds problematic.

The vanos get bit noisy in these engines. Doesn't stop them from peforming however.

Oh wow, time to get a loan for the new e30 project? ....Dreams are free.

The vanos get bit noisy in these engines. Doesn't stop them from peforming however.

Agreed, you can quieten them down with new diaphragm springs.

The vanos on this one is grumbly. It's the clanking sound when you rev it to around 2 - 3k rpm which is alarming.

For those km the engine should be quiet as....

Then again, the lack of 10w60 motorsport oil that's especially designed for these engines wasn't used. Think it's the cheaper way to go, not so much in the long run.