Sign in to follow this  
arcon

E46, another airbag light thread :D

ok this is the 4th time this has happened in as many years. airbag light on for no known reason. last 3 times i took it to the same shop, was always "seat-belt tensioner needs repair, $200". yeah 3 times for the same issue is enough lol.

so i was thinking to actually take it to BMW but... uh... not sure i trust them either as far as value.

any recommendations for reputable places on the Shore that could sort this...? thanks in advance.

What did they do / replace for the $200 and was it the same seat ?

same seat (driver's). just mentioned "belt tensioner repair", don't know specifics.

The Tax invoice should be specific and detail the work carried out (labour) and the parts used. It would help if you would like help with your problem or give me a call on my mobile.. 021921377

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Just buy a seatbelt buckle with the pyro pretensioner on it for the correct model year from a wrecker or the likes and install it yourself and ask someone on the forum with a scanner to the clear the codes ... those pretensioners are like $50 from a wrecker.

95% of the time it is not the pretensioner that fails Tom

was a quick fix - took it to Burger's on Wairau, was wiring / poor connections to airbag.