Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Idiocy!!

Hello

After all of my oil change drama's, I filled the Bimmer with nice new oil, went for a nice drive last night, and come back, and later on what do I see???

A couple of drops of oil right under the sump plug, with another drop forming nicely.

I was an idiot and reused the copper crush-washer from the sump plug instead of replacing it. Now I am going to have to put up with a (very) small oil leak until my next oil change.

This is a trap for young players (and old ones like me!!).

Cheers

hahah......nice work grant...sounds like something i would do.....i dont think i replaced it on my last oil change and no leaking?.....ah well every e30 is different!

oh yeah....

another trap for young players. If you use degreaser on your engine, make sure you hose it off really (I mean really) thoroughly. I did not, and had a smelly smoking manifold while the excess burned off.

You can learn a lot from my stuff ups!!!!

Cheers

like dont hit curbs? if u guys want cheap thrills...spray the spray lube of your choice (CRC, WD40...i use inox) on your exhaust manifold.....your engine will smoke really badly....good for at least 5 mins entertainment

like dont hit curbs? if u guys want cheap thrills...spray the spray lube of your choice (CRC, WD40...i use inox) on your exhaust manifold.....your engine will smoke really badly....good for at least 5 mins entertainment

and a good helping of cancer to help ease you to the next life..

about that washer the f**kers at jerry clayton gave me the wrong one! i have the same problem now til next oil change

Guest hizza bizza

boring on the farm huh gus???

Heres some light reading to give gus some hope. haha

hahahahahahaha thats soooooo classy!!! damn - guinea pigs are UNITS!!!!!! is that owned or what?