Sign in to follow this  
m0m0

new to the site

hey all,

new member on here though not a new owner of my bimmer anymore had it since the end of last year. I have a 1990 E30 320i, its a good stock example in good condition, the only mods ive done to it is a chip i got in January, which has helped with the pretty average 320 gas mileage and evening out the torque curve a bit too. Plans for the future, still looking at swapping out the motor at some point, whether that be with an M20B25 and then either leaving it or maybe stroking it or even any of the m50 or m52 engines, im still keeping my eyes peeled on the net for any clean examples :P Still new to these cars but im slowly learning :D

post-51506-0-53866500-1400228200_thumb.j

looks good, seems to be SE spec so should have a few goodies on it

you will enjoy the E30, they come in to their own when they are manual, automatics leave a bit to be desired, what is this one?

welcome to Bimmersport :)

yeah its the SE, has the black and grey dash, and a different steering wheel, im not sure what other extras it has though, its an awesome car ive found so far, a lot of people put the 320 down for lack of power but with the manual ive found it has a lot of power :)

Nice and clean looking E30. I got my first one at the end of last year too. Can you tell me a little more about the chip? Im very tempted to get one of those cheap ebay ones - is that what you did?

Edited by Kepes

hey Toby, i did have a look on ebay for cheap ones but in the end i didnt find many that were specially for the 320i so bought one off of a guy from another BMW forum site E30zone.net that sells performance chips for both the 320 and 325s, the guys username is SPEEDTOUCH. Think i paid 30pounds or something like that, plus postage from the UK but i found it to be a decent and worthwhile mod. But have a look around might be able to find something cheaper for yours, dont expect massive changes but can expect something you can feel atleast, like with myne i could actually feel my throttle response and mid range torque improve a bit. But yeah have a look around and see what you can get

hey Toby, i did have a look on ebay for cheap ones but in the end i didnt find many that were specially for the 320i so bought one off of a guy from another BMW forum site E30zone.net that sells performance chips for both the 320 and 325s, the guys username is SPEEDTOUCH. Think i paid 30pounds or something like that, plus postage from the UK but i found it to be a decent and worthwhile mod. But have a look around might be able to find something cheaper for yours, dont expect massive changes but can expect something you can feel atleast, like with myne i could actually feel my throttle response and mid range torque improve a bit. But yeah have a look around and see what you can get

Thanks for the comprehensive answer! I assume you need high octane fuel now too? 95? I think i'll just go with an ebay one first, nothing to lose really. Might look around a bit too like you said too. Thanks!

Glad i could help! :) nope i still use standard 91, although as i said myne is more to improve fuel economy and just give it a bit of oomph, but yeah heaps of different ones out there :)