Sign in to follow this  
bmwwgn

E31 8-series 25th Anniversary Event

We are planning a get-together of E31 owners to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the start of 8-series production - in Sept 1989.

At this stage we're looking for all the E31 cars and owners we can muster, and more as well.

The venue and date will most likely be Hampton Downs some time in mid-November this year.

All other BMW owners are also invited to join in the festivities, which could include a track afternoon, show n' shine and BBQ.

Anyone who is keen to join us can register their interest via email to: bmwwgn@gmail.com

Will also keep you up to date from time to time via this thread.

• Like 2

Awesome. Hopefully I'll be an E31 owner by then... Though it may not be on the road. Would still love to come along for looksee.

Mine is for sale, $11k for anyone that wants to be part of this :), with 18" Mpars and the V12850 personalized plate, it looks the part. If I still have it by then I'll attend.

Spose you have already invited Mr Fearghus.

He owns the M1 Replica Race Car. Also owns a few other E31's too. Was driving around in a Alpina B12 the other day.

I'd love to drool over all the 8 series goodness. depends where i'm living at the time.....

.... depends where i'm living at the time.....

Thought you saw the light already?

As of the 30th I'm homeless with a wife and two dogs. We can stay at our batch for a few weeks but that's sold too. All efforts to buy a property in auckland haven't worked out for one reason or another.

The rental we had lined up just fell through.

As of the 30th I'm homeless with a wife and two dogs. We can stay at our batch for a few weeks but that's sold too. All efforts to buy a property in auckland haven't worked out for one reason or another.

The rental we had lined up just fell through.

Bugger. It can be tough. Hang in there, the right place always comes along.

I'll clear out my shed for you if you get stuck, Darren.

I'll clear out my shed for you if you get stuck, Darren.

Cheers.

Sorry didn't mean to tread hijack.

Something will come up. I hope.

Bump this topic:

The date for this great event is now firm, for the weekend of 15-16 November this year.

- Saturday will be an afternoon/twilight play-day at HD, in conjunction with BMWCC.

- A dinner for 8er owners that night followed by a road trip out of Auckland on the Sunday.

So far we have cars coming from as far afield as Wellington - let's make it an epic 8-series event.

We're aiming for a target attendance of 25 E31's, so spread the word, and please confirm your interest to me and/or Mr Fearghus.

Cheers

P.S. Maybe this thread should be in Meetings section?

If so, could someone move it?

• Like 1

Can e31 powered vehicles attend!?

Will come for a look if I'm up that werkend

Non-E31 cars and owners will be invited to join the Saturday (BMWCC run and sponsored) event at HD.

Are you a BMWCC member?