Sign in to follow this  
hugokan

Stolen: e36 325i Coupe

Hi guys,

Car has been stolen in Wellington Central (parked where The Terrace meets Buller Street).

Please keep an eye out and report to the Police if seen.

Thanks

post-15971-0-48456900-1400974629_thumb.j

Damn sorry to hear that (assuming its yours)

My previous car was exactly like that with those wheels too.

argh, that sucks man :( hate to say it but it's either been nicked for parts or as a getaway for some lowlife bunch of toerags. Hope you're insured! Dicks :(

Thanks guys. Yes it is insured. Ironically just replaced the ECU and got it running again as the compartment had flooded a few weeks ago. Wouldn't have got far without having had it replaced..

Thanks guys. Yes it is insured. Ironically just replaced the ECU and got it running again as the compartment had flooded a few weeks ago. Wouldn't have got far without having had it replaced..

Lol, doh!! Life can have a cruel sense of humour sometimes :) / :(

Sorry to hear, I hate seeing another vehicle reported stolen. Good luck with your search buddy.

Hi

First of all sorry to read of your loss, I am interested in how this is possible the car won't start with out the transponder key also getting in to it would be a challenge.

• Like 1

Hi

First of all sorry to read of your loss, I am interested in how this is possible the car won't start with out the transponder key also getting in to it would be a challenge.

early e36 dont have that .

only 325i from about 1995 had the ews key etc.

all 328i had them

early e36 dont have that .

only 325i from about 1995 had the ews key etc.

all 328i had them

Given that the pricks must have known what to look for..

Cant say how or why but I work with villains every day.

I can tell you for a fact that if they want your car they'll get into it and not having a EWS key wont stop them driving away with it if they're in the bussiness of stealing cars. It'll only stop the joy riders.

It sucks and I feel for you bro. Theres nothing worse than looking at a empty parking space where your car should be.

It sucks and I feel for you bro. Theres nothing worse than looking at a empty parking space where your car should be.

Putting it like that.. I'd be horrified.

Interesting about early E36 not having anti theft device, I advised my friend at work when his wife had there skyline sedan stolen to buy an E36 sedan (which he did) instead of the Subaru s/w he was looking at due they are basically theft proof with door lock buttons which don't unlock the door when it is locked if the window is broken and chip in the key.

I hope you get your car back or find an ideal replacement with the correct badge up front.

sh*t man sorry to hear about that.... Looks like it was a real tidy car, Positive thinking + if your insured then maybe a 328i next ;)

Yea I feel for ya! Would hate for one of mine to be stolen!

Also sweet sig Alex :)

Cheers, not mine but going to do a GIF animated photo of my car soon :D

Car theft sucks yo, Insurance is awesome though, Hope it was over insured so you can bump up to a big boy m52.

+1 on the awesome sig! ... Heyyy look at that its raining outside I might go rip this off entirely.. hah

sorry to hear about your loss, my one looks a lot like yours apart from the colour, so makes me even more worried. I just had an alarm installed on mine and its a bit malfunctioning, did yours have one? where was it parked? in a lone place? could be the guys were targetting you for some time, these thiefs often run a syndicate look out for good cars then follow them around and get an idea of the moment of the owner/car and strike based on a time where they know you would be on x place away from your car for y ammount of time.

whos your insurer? was it hassle free to claim insurence from them? i am looking to insure mine.

all the best :)

Hi guys, thanks for all the support.

Turned out to be a false alarm. Wellington Council 'relocated' the car for roadworks of some kind and forgot to log it into their system…

So all is well and glad to have my car back. However over these past few days, I have been tempted by a few other e30/36's so maybe it's time for an upgrade anyway.

^MoJoJoe: I would recommend getting insurance especially after this event, even if it's third party, fire and theft.

Cheers

Edited by hugokan

Best kind of outcome! I do rather enjoy the irony that your car was pinched by government endorsed crooks :ph34r:

Haha same thing happened in auck about a year Ago. It was on the herald.