Sign in to follow this  
raewyn22

New ride - 89' E30 Touring 325i

So it has come to the time to add another addition to our family, to join the rest of the E30s in our driveway.

We bring to you "WAGLAN" - origination from Raglan, and prior belonging to Mosens Europarts (hence the number plate on the pictures).

An immaculate NZ New example, originally was a 320, but has been upgraded to a 325 (Automagic). Next to no rust whatsoever, and even rip free seats! She drives like a dream, and will certainly work well as a service vehicle for the race series.

The stripes aren't original, but were put on by the local paint shop in Hamilton. I actually quite like the look of them. The 14" Basketweaves are also in mint condition. I just can't fault this car.

Eventually more to come, but in the meantime Simon and I will seek enjoyment in driving her on the next road trip.

post-6517-0-34922000-1401090094.jpg

post-6517-0-19785800-1401090109.jpg

• Like 3

Damit... new i should have gone and looked it, Any major plans for it?

Looks so clean!

Saw it on TradeMe a couple of weeks ago, hit buy now on Saturday night unsighted (with a little push from Ray). Didn't want to miss out, and knowing the Mosens group I felt nothing went unhidden.

Definitely have some crazy pipe dreams for it, however in the mean time just want to enjoy it in it's most original form.

First thing we are planning on doing is actually working out a plan!

Edited by Raerae

First thing we are planning on doing is actually working out a plan!

Know the feeling haha, tourings are my fav e30 by far.

They look amazing with some 16" and a little lows :)

• Like 1

Nice wee score!

Got it all figured out for ya:

M62 + VF s/c + 420G + BBS LM.

always reckoned I was good at algebra :ph34r:

• Like 4

somebodys getting an s50... :)

Hahaha get out of my head you!

Cage it and race it!! :ph34r::blink:

Hmmmm two HellBM tourings... Don't give me ideas now!

Nice work, this looked like a very tidy example for the asking price, i would have been all over it if i didn't get my new car 2 weeks earlier!

Car is going to be a slow project. To start with the motor has been removed and placed in my daily. Making room for a new engine that had yet to be decided on.

I think it was Keven Mosen's?

I think it was Keven Mosen's? 

Yup definitely was his. We bought it direct from him.

Yup definitely was his. We bought it direct from him.

Thought so.

Nice guy, he helped me out with info & advice when I did my first bimmer 10 or so years ago.

He used to run a really nice little E30 M3, campaigned it for years.

Thought so.

Nice guy, he helped me out with info & advice when I did my first bimmer 10 or so years ago.

He used to run a really nice little E30 M3, campaigned it for years.

He's a very kind and helpful man. He threw in a few extras for us when we purchased it too. I hope to see the Mosens boys back at the track!
  • Like 1

After selling my black sedan I thought we'd chuck another engine into the touring and drive it as a daily for a bit.
Should have really left it as it was and manual converted it at the time but priorities changed.

Putting another m20b25 back into it, and looking at some e30 race series springs to go in it for ride height and handling.

Picture attached of what it looks like with my 15" RGs on it. Should sit better once the engine and springs are in.

Didn't really realise how rare these beauties had become. Will put a picture up after the engine goes in next weekend.

post-6517-0-22141600-1445669076.jpg

Edited by Raerae
  • Like 4

Picked up the engine and relevant bits and pieces today.

Also picked up some polyurethane engine and gearbox mounts today also. (thanks Mike)

First job, degreaser and some routine maintenance.post-6517-0-22890600-1445752517_thumb.jp

Edited by Raerae

Degreased the gearbox and engine today. Gearbox looks like new!

post-6517-0-26593600-1445842669_thumb.jp

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've updated this thread, so here goes! Finally got the engine in and running with the help of a few mates and Ray at HellBM. Not without some hiccups along the way of course.

Managed to make it to the end of year ECC meet. After driving here and home again we established that the poly mounts were over the top and decided to swap them out for rubber oem ones pronto.

vgxkminz.on2.jpg

Next trip after was off to Hampton Downs to watch the One Hour Endurance race as part of the BMW Race Driver Series. A mighty set of scales appeared and we took this opportunity to weigh her for shits and giggles. A solid 1300kgs. Check our Keith's cheeky grin!

ytnmgeui.r2y.jpg

I also established that the car could make a great tent! Up north we went to Waipu where we went camping. Not without a few problems along the way though... Overheating (ish). Thanks to Jibs who followed me back to the North Shore afterwards to make sure I got back without breaking down. New radiator hose fixed that issue.

mdrzuxqm.n22.jpg

iiofhmlr.izq.jpeg

Then come Christmas holidays it was time to freshen up a few bits and pieces.

4pk4reiy.vzp.jpg

a3cm5cep.ulb.jpg

Throw back to the 80s where the car finally got given a badge for the tailgate (thanks Lance - Merry Christmas)

nh0ro3ma.i5n.jpg

Uh oh... found a small spot of rust where the antenna is... Fixed/Cleaned up

53p52ltt.af2.jpeg

But still leaking?!

Then we decided we needed to put the car to use.. what it was designed to do. Hello Hampton Downs here we come!

dtjeiqen.plr.jpg

Opened her up to see how she looked...

2l2d53nr.xx3.jpg

Simon then found some sweet wheels for his race car... of course first they shall be test fitted on the Touring to see how it looks (still on their way from overseas - can't wait)

iih2izu3.5s1.jpg

Got the new springs in. Super Lows in the rear and 4cyl race series springs in the front... thoughts?

bkli02z1.smc.jpg

The body has now clicked over the 360,000 km mark.

2c2leaar.w5z.jpg

Time to find out where this leak was coming from round the front roof area. Pulled out the headlining fearing the worst.... but pleasantly surprised to find no rust.

nhzxtieb.fjy.jpg

Headlining has seen better days though!

ee54fhvy.b05.jpg

Next up, fog lights. Found some cheap very cracked ones. Found some plastic lens on the interwebs and fixed them up. Good as new.

1v5rndb2.40p.jpg

Uh oh... so this happened. Good person though for leaving a note.

hzu0zjbl.mk0.jpg

No sweat, prompted me to give the car a refresh. Time ti paint the bumper trimmings.

erspeilq.3d4.jpg

nrxdrsas.3ej.jpg

The exhaust has been sitting wonky for some time so time to fix that up too. Now sits perfect with the correct brackets.

0f2crn1b.xlx.jpg

Along the way we also got some nice interior throughout the last few months. Installed now and feels luxurious. Car attacked me however when installing...

k50zbtwu.3rw.jpg4uhq3xhh.v20.jpg

Also redid the side skirts, freshened them up... Found a minor imperfection just in time...

jiag32y0.z0m.jpg

yghmu11v.wcg.jpg

Haven't got a decent picture since last weekend with the side skirts back on but here she is next to her younger but chubbier sister.

fjaj4cwf.xdx.jpg

Sourced a brand new OEM Sunroof panel from our friends at BMW NZ.... To be painted next week and also the rust fixed up.

zryo1xkj.fc5.jpg

em2udpxh.fbb.jpg

Once back I hope to get the headlining done ASAP as well as the car tinted. For any one who can help, I'm also after the following parts pictured below.

4rqet5sw.m20.jpg2w2sdcvt.i1v.png

I hope to keep you guys a little bit more updated going forward :)

• Like 5

How hard was it to get the headliner out? Didn't realize the whole card comes out. Are you going to retrim it and reinstall? Curious because mines sagging no matter how many times I glue it back up.

How hard was it to get the headliner out? Didn't realize the whole card comes out. Are you going to retrim it and reinstall? Curious because mines sagging no matter how many times I glue it back up.

Pretty easy considering I broke the A pillar trim... Oops.

But fairly easy..going to get it retrimmed and reinstalled. Will let you know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

looks like the E36 and E34 setup instead of coupe/sedan E30s

The car is looking great and seems like its making good progress/improvements! Interior looks amazing too well done!

While we were on holiday in Queenstown we got the sunroof panel painted and the surrounding areas cleaned up. Before and after pic below.

Posted Image

Now to do the headlining. Have had a couple of quotes but also a few suggestions to do it myself. Found some ideal fabric at Spotlight. Has anyone attempted this before?

Still on the look out for the parts as mentioned above so if you know of anyone selling...

• Like 1